Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

About to pull the trigger on a 2013 Unlimited and need help regarding Affiliate Price

Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to pull the trigger on a 2013 Unlimited and need help regarding Affiliate Price

Hello everyone, I tried to search for an answer to my question but couldn't quite find the solution. I know that the affiliate program provides a 1% below invoice on the purchase of a new wranger however i am unsure how set in stone that price is. Is there typically any wiggle room with the FFP pricing or do i just have to accept the price they give me? Also how can i figure out the invoice price so I know the dealer isn't screwing me? For example the MSRP for the Wranger I want is $32,585 and the FFP is 31,001. Does that sound right for 1% below invoice? That would equate to a invoice of $31,314 if you added the 1% back in.

Thanks for the help in advance
Old 11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geha13
Hello everyone, I tried to search for an answer to my question but couldn't quite find the solution. I know that the affiliate program provides a 1% below invoice on the purchase of a new wranger however i am unsure how set in stone that price is. Is there typically any wiggle room with the FFP pricing or do i just have to accept the price they give me? Also how can i figure out the invoice price so I know the dealer isn't screwing me? For example the MSRP for the Wranger I want is $32,585 and the FFP is 31,001. Does that sound right for 1% below invoice? That would equate to a invoice of $31,314 if you added the 1% back in.

In answer to part of your question, it seems like (from reading posts here) that some dealers will go lower than 1% below invoice and some won't (speaking of Tread Lightly here). My particular dealership said they (and everyone else) "can't" go lower. They showed me a letter from Chrysler telling their dealers that if they continue to sell below the affiliate price that the program may be subject to discontinuation altogether. They did say, however, that they could offer other non-monetary concessions as a loophole since it wouldn't show as an acual discount on the paperwork. My particular choice was between a new 2012 and a new 2013 a few months ago. The problem was that I wanted to pay less for the 2012, but they would only offer 1% below on either. Ended up they bought-down my interest rate as compensation on the 2012. How much that actually cost them, I have no idea. They simply could have been eating the interest rate markup they were going to make on me anyway. I also could have negotiated parts and service, so the interest rate thing was my choice.

Regarding not getting screwed - they're required to show you the invoice so you can verify the pricing. Make sure you get your Tread Lightly membership (2 year membership required for the discount I believe) purchased and all your paperwork done ASAP since it takes about 1-2 weeks.

If you really want to get lower than 1% below invoice, it's best to use the Internet and have several dealers competing for your business. I don't think I've read of anyone getting much more than 2% below invoice. And remember that the extra 1% is only a difference of $350 or so on a Rubicon, and much less on a Sport, so don't beat yourself up if you only get 1% below.

Best of luck.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have bought a few vehicles now with the affiliate program and I have always asked to see the actual factory invoice to make sure I was getting the discount and none of the dealers have had an issue showing it. For an example, when I picked up my loaded 12 Rubi the discount was around 4k below the sticker.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I ordered my 2013 Unlimited Sport S a few weeks ago, one dealer wouldn't give me one cent more than the 1% below invoice and $500 Jeep coupon I had, but a second dealer gave me an extra $750 off the first dealer's lowest price, plus the dealer paid the $65 Tread Lightly three year membership fee and the $75 processing fee. I paid $31,500 out the door, which I was happy with and felt was fair.

2013 Billet Silver Unlimited Sport S
6 speed
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity
Sirius Radio
Side Air Bags
Engine Block Heater
Max Tow Group
3 Piece Hard Top
Rear Limited Slip Differential
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geha13

Not sure on the invoice price, but bought mine at David Stanley n OKC and their internet pricing ($4000 under MSRP) was same as my AT&T x-plan with Chrysler, 27,640 JKUS 24S pkg. (hardtop, power group, 17"alloys etc...)
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Affiliate pricing is 1% below invoice.

The dealer is rebated 2% of invoice when an Affilaite program is used. Don't believe any other crap the tell you.

So when you use the AR program and pay 1% below invoice, the dealer is actually getting 1% ABOVE invoice because of the rebate.

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger on a 2013 Unlimited and need help regarding Affiliate Price