Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ABS- BAS- ESP- Traction Control Lights ON

Old 09-15-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS- BAS- ESP- Traction Control Lights ON

Hello guys! Just wondering why did all my lights suddenly go on (and have stayed on) if I haven't been off road. I don't know if this could have happen because of the tires been low on thread (about 2/32). I read some posts here that say something about speed sensors and other cables being loose but I don't know which ones they are and how to check them. My tire pressure is good and the steering is aligned, also my horn still works (so the clock spring is good , I guess) I would really like to know your feedback before quitting and taking it to the stealership. I would also like to know if there is someone who has taken it to the dealer and what would more or less should I expect to pay to have this issue fixed. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

You can take it to the dealer and have them check the codes for you. If your steering wheel is centered, it could be a damaged wheel speed sensor. The codes can tell you which one is bad. I ripped a wire leading to one of the sensors and I got the lights. The parts are not expensive but this repair should be covered under warranty.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 PM
JK Newbie

Check your steering wheel when the wheels are pointed straight and make sure it's centered. I get this every once in a while and my fix is to start the Jeep turn the wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right and back to center then turn it off and start it back up and go for a little drive. It should re center your steering and the light will go away after a few miles or a few minutes. Hope this helps ya.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 PM
JK Junkie

This happened to me on my '08 JKU as well as my friends '11 JKU. Both were fixed under warranty by the dealership. The culprit was a bad rear wheel speed sensor....

Old 09-16-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine have been coming on and off randomly for a few weeks, no codes thrown. Wiring and speed sensors are my next stop.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rule18
Mine have been coming on and off randomly for a few weeks, no codes thrown. Wiring and speed sensors are my next stop.
My '09 JKU did the same thing. I took it to a friend's shop while the lights were on and he pulled the codes. I had a front driver's side sensor bad. Easy to change out.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

same thing happened on my 2008. I have a code reader, but it wouldn't show any codes, so took it to the dealership. Turns out a left front wheel bearing/hub assembly had gone and that also damaged the wheel speed sensor. Thank goodness for extended warranty or it would have cost $700.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Went to dealer today, You guys where right, It was a speed sensor. It wasn't covered under warranty though (2010 with 55k miles) so it came to: $229.00. Thanks for all the comments and advice.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got some wheel sensors at the auto parts store. They were about $17- each, I don't know which one is bad because their code reader would not read it. I figured replacing them one by one to find the culprit is still cheaper than going to the dealer. Does anyone know if this is a difficult procedure??
Old 09-30-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Happened to me without off roading too. Turned out to be a bad ABS Module.

Quick Reply: ABS- BAS- ESP- Traction Control Lights ON