Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Accident issues

Old 06-12-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident issues

Traveling to the beach this weekend on a 4lane hwy I went to pass an Infiniti g25 that was going about 55. As I was passing him I noticed he started to merge into my lane and I tried to avoid him but no such luck. Kid hit me fairly hard not hard enough for me to lose control but hard enough to shake my 4dr like I hit a speed bump doing 50mph. Pulled over and after making sure everyone was ok I assessed the damage.... (passenger rear was the hit) roughed up tire(no gouges or cuts) and scratched rim, tiny bit of rubbing on the flare. I felt like I got pretty lucky
As I'm walking to the Infiniti I can hear the kid say "mom, it just took off the mirror the rest will buff!" ...On the driver's side of the Infiniti it took off the side mirror and crushed the door skins in to the frame of the doors. I could see where my 35's went from his driver's rear door up to front quarter panel. It was nasty.... I can tell my rear axle is more towards the drivers side and it looks like my rk rear track bracket is off a bit but thats all I see. I don't have a good 4x4 shop in the area and was planning on taking to a dealer to have it check out on his mom's ins dime to make sure, but what all should I check and keep an eye out for?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have any pics of the damage to your jeep? Also, may want to break out the measuring tape to see what the offsets are.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Have it evaluated at a body shop. They will have a better idea of what needs repairing than the dealer or anyone on the internet.

Quick Reply: Accident issues