Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AEV pro cal help!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV pro cal help!

My new aev pro cal is blinking 4 times and then 2 with the red light indicator on the dash. My ignition is to the on position and the engine is off. The indicator is telling me I make sure my engine is to the in portion, which it is. Does anyone know the issue? I am trying ti set the tire size first. is this correct? it was the first thing in the instructions. The steps weren't clear as to if or how I had to set a VIN. 2007 4dr. Pm me, post in here, or text 901 346 6o9o. Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

No one can think of anything?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

THe procal locks itself to your vin automatically as soon as you plug it in ...did you buy it new or used? If it is used it may still be locked to the original owners vin. Is it compatible with your model year?Otherwise I'm not sure what your problem is. I bought one new and had zero problems.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday
THe procal locks itself to your vin automatically as soon as you plug it in ...did you buy it new or used? If it is used it may still be locked to the original owners vin. Is it compatible with your model year?Otherwise I'm not sure what your problem is. I bought one new and had zero problems.
Yes it is used but it was restored and the previous vin was cleared. Yes it is compatible with the 2007. It would be blinking 4 and then 1 if it were the vin problem.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BClanton
Yes it is used but it was restored and the previous vin was cleared. Yes it is compatible with the 2007. It would be blinking 4 and then 1 if it were the vin problem.
You may want to contact AEV and see if they can help. Like others here, I bought mine new, and had no problems. Do you have the manual? If not I think it's available on line. Does the manual give any indication of the problem given the error sequence you are getting?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
You may want to contact AEV and see if they can help. Like others here, I bought mine new, and had no problems. Do you have the manual? If not I think it's available on line. Does the manual give any indication of the problem given the error sequence you are getting?
Yes I have the manual, the sequence says" The ProCal has encountered an unexpected error while determining the vehicle type and equipment. Make sure the vehicle's ignition is ON and the vehicle is in a working state. Contact AEV if problem persists."....I emailed them today because they are closed on the weekend. I will call them tomorrow. I was just checking to see if you guys might know the problem without waiting.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BClanton
Yes I have the manual, the sequence says" The ProCal has encountered an unexpected error while determining the vehicle type and equipment. Make sure the vehicle's ignition is ON and the vehicle is in a working state. Contact AEV if problem persists."....I emailed them today because they are closed on the weekend. I will call them tomorrow. I was just checking to see if you guys might know the problem without waiting.
Yea, that's a pretty vague error! Did the person you bought it from have the same year and model Jeep? I know when I bought mine the 2012 version had just been released, and the previous versions would not work. Now what I don't know is if they are backward compatible, I.e. if the guy you bought from had a 2009 would it work on a 2007? Hopefully, AEV will help you resolve the problem.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
Yea, that's a pretty vague error! Did the person you bought it from have the same year and model Jeep? I know when I bought mine the 2012 version had just been released, and the previous versions would not work. Now what I don't know is if they are backward compatible, I.e. if the guy you bought from had a 2009 would it work on a 2007? Hopefully, AEV will help you resolve the problem.
He has a 2007, as do !. That's the weird part! I'm hoping AEV can help too.

Quick Reply: AEV pro cal help!