Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Akward entry

Old 10-13-2014, 12:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Akward entry

Does anyone else feel slightly akward getting in and out of their JKU? Just curious if new side steps will help or if anything else will ( IE LIFT, someone tell me the lift makes it better) lol! Thanks for your feedback in advance!
Old 10-13-2014, 02:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't feel weird to me, but I'm 6'7". I don't have steps now and I'm really looking forward to getting into it after I install my 2.5" lift
Old 10-13-2014, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 5'10" and a bit overweight ( gym mod in progress) Maybe I should stop trying to step on the steps at all?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:06 AM
-

With the expectation of a slight boosted lift ourselves and because none of the sliders are very appealing to my wife and I, we'll be opting for the molded side steps.. thou the rubicon sliders as very slim-line.. I don't think there is enough room to actually step on these. Hence the molded side steps.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
With the expectation of a slight boosted lift ourselves and because none of the sliders are very appealing to my wife and I, we'll be opting for the molded side steps.. thou the rubicon sliders as very slim-line.. I don't think there is enough room to actually step on these. Hence the molded side steps.
Hmm you don't like the ACE sliders? Wow they work great for me as sliders and as a step, besides looking damn good also.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

We have molded. Maybe I need to quit trying to enter like I do in my truck. It has a bigger pad and much larger door! lol!
Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 AM
-

@RedRockJeeper I'll check out the Ace sliders..

@agentjohnson the sidestep is like one of those steps in one's backyard.. it's not at the right height. You know the one step that you either use (baby steps or you step over it) So you either use it.. or it's just in a back area or placement on the jeep to actually be used correctly.. but placing a step to low or away from the jeep and assuming its too heavy.. can create a very unbalanced ride, which was the case in our 08 upon purchasing.. it had tubed nerf bars.. that extended out further than we liked
Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use the rails as a step, but I dont stand up all the way on it, just enough to keep from sliding in and out of seat if that makes any sense.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twotonevert
I use the rails as a step, but I dont stand up all the way on it, just enough to keep from sliding in and out of seat if that makes any sense.
Good info, I guess i just need to practice more lol! Its easier getting in passenger than driver for me. oh well I'll figure it out! Thanks for the input.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
@RedRockJeeper I'll check out the Ace sliders..

@agentjohnson the sidestep is like one of those steps in one's backyard.. it's not at the right height. You know the one step that you either use (baby steps or you step over it) So you either use it.. or it's just in a back area or placement on the jeep to actually be used correctly.. but placing a step to low or away from the jeep and assuming its too heavy.. can create a very unbalanced ride, which was the case in our 08 upon purchasing.. it had tubed nerf bars.. that extended out further than we liked
I never liked the look of the tube bars anyway! Curious though, can a rock rail fit with the stock side steps in place?

Quick Reply: Akward entry