Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Akward entry

Old 10-14-2014, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
Rubi rails are easy to install and they fit above the ACE sliders. Telling ya I love 'em only way to go.
Are you talking about the OEM rubi rails? even with the side step they seem like the tread is smaller than the the running boards we have. I tried skipping the running boards and it makes a world of difference.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncorif View Post
Check out JK RIGRIP on ebay. The handles are super sturdy and dont require any cutting to install. I can shake the jeep with them and they dont wiggle at all. They make getting in much easier for me (especially when I have a sore back from thinking I'm still in good enough shape to play soccer. ha!)
Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
RedRockJeeper Been there, Done that.. not acceptable or accessible.. Bronc.. I totally missed your post.. I will check out your suggestion.
I've been thinking about this, and paid attention to the exact movements I make when entering the Jeep.

I still believe that no matter what else you add, a solid metal grip handle at the corner would help.
I checked the 'JK RIGRIP on ebay', and it seems OK, especially as there's no need to cut off some of the plastic. However, it seems that the handles which I use (Synergy) are larger, so they might be more ergonomic.

I wrapped mine with 'Self Fusing Silicon Tape'. I did it because the black metal got very hot whenever the Jeep parked in direct sun (our summer are pretty hot).
The tape also improved the feel and the grip.

I think that a handle further inside might be what you need, but I get off my first suggestion to locate it above the far side of the seat.
It seems to me that it should better be higher up, attached to or hanging from an overhead console. I say this because at that location, you'll be pulling yourself in and up at the same time.
Tell me if this makes any sense for you.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-19-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never a problem until last week when I tweaked my back lifting. Huts like a MoFO climbing up into the JKU now. Hurts just as much doing the opposite, climbing 'down' into my Vette..... I can't win.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Never a problem until last week when I tweaked my back lifting. Huts like a MoFO climbing up into the JKU now. Hurts just as much doing the opposite, climbing 'down' into my Vette..... I can't win.
With all due respect, please pay attention to what the tread is about. We're trying to help in solving a problem, and that's no joke.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think practice made the task easier. I've had fewer issues the more I've tried. I think things will get easier with a lift too. thanks for all the replies folks!

Quick Reply: Akward entry