Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Amazing story of some very Jeepsmanlike behavior!!!

Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Amazing story of some very Jeepsmanlike behavior!!!

Sometime late last year, my Girlfriend and I, in an effort to get more comfortable "Overlanding" together, decided to take a short (700 mile) road-trip from South Florida to Pennsylvania via the Amtrak Autotrain (which takes you from Orlando to Washington, DC). We would first attend a wedding in PA and then head up to Rausch Creek to meet up with my Brother and his lady, who now live outside of Philly, to finally test out our new builds when disaster struck. While on the highway to PA we were flagged down by a Land Rover driver who braved the shoulder of I-95 to take the time to tell me that something had gone terribly wrong my rear suspension as he could see (as I could feel) the rear-end swinging wildly around at 60 MPH. When I got to a safer place, I inspected the rear suspension and found, much to my dismay, a shattered rear tracbar bracket. Rusted and busted at the tender age of 30,000 miles (5 years), there seemed to be no hope in sight to salvage our trip to Rausch Creek...that is until I typed in "offroad shops near me" on Google. .32 seconds later the name of Jeep Saint and his parts shop popped up. His name is Dave. I called Dave and left a message on his voicemail asking for his help as I had no where to turn and was quite a way from home. He quickly returned my call and spent the rest of his weekend making phone calls and arrangements for me to limp into the Rausch Creek area where a friend of his has a shop that does welds. Although his friend was on vacation, he managed to arrange the appointment so that we could get back on schedule! Dave from Daves Offroad Supply did all this for absolutely no gain other than excellent Jeep Karma! Dave has a website and sells some pretty awesome stuff that I have not seen anywhere else. I wish him the best and encourage all of you to shop at his store when in need of parts. This guy is incredible! Thank you, Dave. x infinity
Below is a before pic. As soon as I get to the shop on Monday I will post the after. Wish us luck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1236 (640x480).jpg
Views:	449
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	470875
Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome. Always good to hear about people willing to go out of their way to help another.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's awesome! There still are good people out there!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What some people will do eh
Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

great story
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Glad everything worked out for ya!!

Sent from the comfort of the toilet!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tattedfire
Glad everything worked out for ya!!

Sent from the comfort of the toilet!
Thx! Truck is being welded by A TO Z FABRICATIONS as we speak (type).
Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good stuff! It always seems like obscure parts like to break themselves when in the middle of nowhere. I'm glad there was someone to help.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea
Good stuff! It always seems like obscure parts like to break themselves when in the middle of nowhere. I'm glad there was someone to help.
Kurt killed it! He fabricated a ROCK SOLID bracket for me. Awesome craftsmanship!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Awesome story - glad everything worked out!!

Quick Reply: Amazing story of some very Jeepsmanlike behavior!!!