Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

another 4wd.com problem.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another 4wd.com problem.

I recently (approx. 1 month ago) ordered some wheels and tires through 4wd.com. The sales lady was great and she gave me a break on the tires. I was looking at the BFG KM1s and she told me they were out of stock so she would give me a deal on the BFG KM2s. Telling me that they were in fact in stock and be at my door in 7 to 10 days.

Well, about two weeks after ordering I called customer service. They told me the wheels were in stock but the tires were not. He was expecting the tires on a shipment that day though so I was told I would be getting them in another 7-10 days.

The next week I called to get my tracking order. I spoke to a lady though this time. She told me that the tires were not in and she saw a shipment coming in next week and forme to not call back for a week to give them time to come in. This pissed me off a little.

So I gave it a couple days and starting looking elsewhere for tires. I came across a great deal somewhere else where I was told they were in stock and promised so. At this point I was willing to lose the deal I had on the tires from 4wd.com so I called to cancel.

I canceled my order two days ago, so I thought. The lady told me that the tires had not been shipped and to call back the next day to make get the exact mount being credited to my credit card which wasn't supposed to be charged until shipping but it was charged the day of the order. I called back yesterday and they had no notes or cancelations on my order so I told them to cancel them again and got the same response. Atleast this time they told me it was def. canceled.

Well today I get a call telling me that they couldn't cancel my order because they had already been shipped. But they can not give me a tracking order until Friday because it is coming from a different warehouse.

Needless to say, this was my last order from 4wd.com. Who knows if my order is really shipped, but I will keep this updated. Sorry for the long post if you made it all the way through.

Last edited by caleb; 11-21-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can always call your CC company and stop payment! I would do it just for GP. I hate getting the run-around. If someone is honest .... but in stock, not in stock, oh shipped but not from here. How does she know they were shipped if she does not have a tracking #.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SBlair
you can always call your CC company and stop payment! I would do it just for GP. I hate getting the run-around. If someone is honest .... but in stock, not in stock, oh shipped but not from here. How does she know they were shipped if she does not have a tracking #.
x2 call the credit card and stop payment. They had more than enought time to ship 'em to you.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats probably my next move. If they don't give me a tracking number friday I will def stop payment.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Purchase the tires from the tire rack they have a good deal and free shipping.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats the other place I was talking to.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a set of OEM side mirrors for my TJ. You know the ones where the paint comes off them in the first few months. Anyway I buckled and bought them from 4wd.com I ordered them last Sunday night online, and they will be here on Friday. I live in Canada. Not bad!!!

First time user!!

Getting the Jeep ready for trade for when my Rubicon comes in,,,,,,,if it ever comes in!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

I had some problems with 4wd.com. I won't go in to it in detail, but I will say this I called and canceled my order. I called the next day just to check... and sure enough it was still on order so I went through the whole process again. I had to call 4 different days and go through the same BS four times before I finally called the 5th time and they told me the order was canceled. Took a little longer to get them to clear my credit card. This fact will make you happy... The credit card company told me I could not stop payment if I had in fact done any business with them. They said I would have to wait until I received the shipment and then dispute it. Go figure !!!.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalmdj
Purchase the tires from the tire rack they have a good deal and free shipping.
I've had great results from them in the past. A couple years ago I ordered tires from Tirerack and didn't bother to inquire if they were in stock. They weren't, so they called the next day to let me know. And the tires arrived in about two weeks, as I had been told they would during the second conversation.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got tracking numbers and what do ya know. It is just the wheels coming. They told me they couldn't cancel the order because the packages were on the way and the tires, which I wanted to cancel, are not shipped yet. Just the wheels. I also paid for mounting and balancing so I don't know how they intend to fulfill that. This is the biggest cluster f**k I have ever had to deal with.

Quick Reply: another 4wd.com problem.