Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another "Wave" thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "Wave" thread

So this is more of a rant than an attempt to beat a dead horse.

A little background.

Ive owned a fully locked TJ on 38 Bias swampers and always did the wave thing.
TJ, YJ, CJ --> Always waved
XJ, ZJ --> Only waived if they were lifted/modded

Now i traded my TJ for a JKU, slapped 35s on it for a DD and have almost stopped waiving at other JKs. It seems i'm always left hangin' with my hand in the air and never get a reply.

I've had it.

JKs are going into the 2nd category with XJ and ZJ ---> ONLY WAVE IF THEY ARE MODDED.

thanks it.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Hold up we are supposed to wave to other jeeps or to other 4x4 , now by other 4x4 is that all of them like trucks to or like the Toyota guys

Sorry just needed a little clarity on it , but if you only wave to modded jeeps isn't that kinda taking away the point of the jeep wave from what I read
Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why do people get butt hurt if other people don't wave to them? Grow up who the hell cares?!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been a couple weeks since there's been a new wave thread. Whew, I was getting worried haha.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afpilot82
It's been a couple weeks since there's been a new wave thread. Whew, I was getting worried haha.
Haha as was I
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Freak

Who cares, you either wave or don't wave. I wave all the time and hardly anyone waves back so what. I'm still going to wave.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2012djk
Why do people get butt hurt if other people don't wave to them? Grow up who the hell cares?!
Really. It's a slippery slope my friend. First we stop waving then people stop saying please and thank you. Next thing you know, people just stop being polite to each other then just complete anarchy! You really want to risk that? I'll bet your the kind of guy that eats the last slice of pizza! I don't know how you sleep at night....for shame! Maybe the Mayans saw this coming. The Jeep wave ends in 2012 followed shortly by the world. Lets all prove the Mayans wrong and keep waving
Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Really. It's a slippery slope my friend. First we stop waving then people stop saying please and thank you. Next thing you know, people just stop being polite to each other then just complete anarchy! You really want to risk that? I'll bet your the kind of guy that eats the last slice of pizza! I don't know how you sleep at night....for shame! Maybe the Mayans saw this coming. The Jeep wave ends in 2012 followed shortly by the world. Lets all prove the Mayans wrong and keep waving
Yep, if you look closely at the final entry on the Mayan Calendar, it's a drawing of a Jeep passing another Jeep and neither Mayan is waiving. This is how it ends folks!

It doesn't bother me when people don't wave back, but I am elated when they do - so my plan is to just keep on waiving ...and I figure at the very least if I pass a non-waver enough times they might just get sick of leaving me hanging and start waiving back; and then maybe, just maybe, they'll start passing the wave on along to others.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

10-4 I passed about 10 jeeps today , waved at all with none in return.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't seem to have a problem here...Getting lots of waves...

Quick Reply: Another "Wave" thread