Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anvil Color/10yr Anniv. Ed. - Hoaxes

Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anvil Color/10yr Anniv. Ed. - Hoaxes

Okay, so I've been gearing up to order my 2013 Rubi, but I've been holding out for this ellusive 'Anvil' color. Even better was the rumor that there may be 10 year anniversary edition Rubicon. So after serious nagging of my dealer, he called me down to the dealership. When i got there, I was told (over the phone) but the Jeep rep that BOTH the Anvil color and an anniversary edition, were mere rumors, and they are both false. I'm okay with that over the 10 yr ed. That thing would've come with some awful premium, but I was really holding out for Anvil.
I know we speculate on here a lot. But does anyone have anything to rebut this? Anyhting official? I can't believe my dealer would goto the length of having some buddy of his play "Jeep Rep" on the other line to squash my hopes into ordering now as opposed to later.
Anybody got anything? Trying to stay positive here. Or are we just messing around with falsified dreams again?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Both "were" true....

Latest I have heard was that Anvil "might" be on the 10th anv Rubi only, then I heard that Anvil might not be offered at all.

Here are the latest production updates from Donlan Fleet:

Final production scheduled to end:

Dozer Clear Coat (PY5) - 10/12/12

Crush Clear Coat (PL4) - 11/09/12

Gecko Green Pearl Coat (PFM) - 12/14/12

Deep Cherry Red Crystal Coat (PRP) - 02/08/13

10th Anniversary Rubicon (2TJ) - 06/28/13

Initial Production is scheduled to begin:

Rock Lobster Clear Coat (PKT) - 10/01/12

Customer Preferred Package (2TM) - 10/01/12 - Moab Trim

Dune Clear Coat (PTT) - 12/06/12

Rugged Brown Pearl Coat (PTW) - 02/04/13

Anvil Clear Coat (PDS) - 03/04/13

10th Anniversary Rubicon (2TJ) - 03/04/13

Furious Fuschsia Pearl Coat (PHP) - 05/06/13

--------
Also, Dozer and Crush have been pushed back a month....so if you want that color, you need to order now to get in before the October allocation for November builds closes.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen that graphic before. But where does it come from? Just another site? The Jeep guy said that Allpar.com got new management and that since then, they have just been a rumor mill.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may wait a while just to see what happens. That schedule shows Dune not available till 12/6/13, but the dealer said he checked and it can be ordered as of now. That's two months ahead of schedule. Maybe I'll wait till January. (?)
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

What are the numbers in parentheses? Order codes if I'm not mistaken...
Old 10-02-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered Dozer before it was actually in production, hence how I got the first one. JK orders are still several weeks out. But for Dune you can order it, but it won't be built until December and you'll be lucky to see it by January.

Be patient on Anvil and the 10th anniversary if that's what you want.

I believe it is the color everyone is expecting minus the red seats and hooks.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted Anvil but when I read it was the special edition Rubi, I got a true blue. I will not pay the upcharge for stickers and ugly ass seats. The color will be bad ass and if you can get a regular jk in it, maybe I still will. Be careful with Dune, that color could be great or could be hideous in person. I work in color (textiles) developement for a living and earthtones are tough to nail. The slightest tinge of red/green in a tan can make the difference. I am on the side that Dune in person is going to be pretty gross, but I dont know for sure. When I first saw the color card for 13 and saw commando and Dune I thought there was a good chance they would screw those colors up just because of the sensitivity. I have seen a commando and I was not impressed in the least.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep had a video on Facebook that was from Jeep not another group that said there was gonna be a 10 year anniversary edition rubicon and more info was to follow. I haven't heard anymore since then but the video stated they were currently testing it in Moab.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wait, there are photos of a 10yr edition? Where are those at? I was originally going to order white. But when I heard of the new colors, I thought I'd do more investigating. Dune may not be bad, but like said previously, it could go either way. I'll need to see that in person. I have seen the NuKizer in person, and I do like that color. It's been said that that's the color of Anvil. But really, who knows I guess. Are there color swatches at the dealers yet for these colors? And where is all this info you guys get on the Anniv. Ed. Rubicon?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Any update?

Anyone know anything further on this?

Quick Reply: Anvil Color/10yr Anniv. Ed. - Hoaxes