Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any 2012 JK Haters want to dragrace their 3.8's vs a 3.6?

Old 08-27-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take all comers! LOL

10 second 1/4 mile!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3700452159.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	203139   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2832859359.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	203140  
Old 08-27-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greep
Haven't heard of any 2012 haters... pretty stupid to race a Jeep. I've got a 2011 and love it. Love the '12s, too. Use the Jeep what it was intended for... and use the forum for what it was it was intended for... to share great ideas and pics.
Havent heard of any 12 haters? Really? Look around this site... "its just a cosmetic upgrade", blah blah blah... Im not looking to fuel the debate but lighten up guys! I think maybe hes just having a little fun with his new toy? Several posts have actually asked for such a race. Now that its been done by a couple magazines its probably a moot point but no reason to jump all over this guy and tell him to buy a civic.

and you think its pretty stupid to race a Jeep? Ever heard of sand drags? Mud bogs? Rock racing? Heck people race belt sanders! The old my whatever is faster than your whatever is one of the best past times ever!

Dont hate the guy cuz he wants to drag his Jeep. Just be glad he HAS a Jeep!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt exactly call it 2012 hater's. If anything its some mild disappointment with the 2012, we were expecting more out of the Pentastars' yes they have more power, and get 1 more mpg, after all of Jeep's hype for them up until their release we were expecting 1 the more power, more then just 1 mpg, hopefully some upgraded front axles (asking alot) oh and did I mention that nobody got that diesel option that was rumored to be possible? I dont see anyone on this board saying "that the 2012's are terrible, the 2007-2011 are so much better". and like everyone else....what a joke to even bring up drag racing, even the pentastar's are a joke when it comes to raw power and speed, like everyone said before, no matter what you do to it, its a Jeep. You will have to RIPP, chip, Intake, Exhaust and headers that beast and even then you will just get some healthy response, nothing that will put your ass in the seat to say a new camaro or ford raptor...if you want speed go somewhere else, this is offroading land.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msquaredIN

Havent heard of any 12 haters? Really? Look around this site... "its just a cosmetic upgrade", blah blah blah... Im not looking to fuel the debate but lighten up guys! I think maybe hes just having a little fun with his new toy? Several posts have actually asked for such a race. Now that its been done by a couple magazines its probably a moot point but no reason to jump all over this guy and tell him to buy a civic.

and you think its pretty stupid to race a Jeep? Ever heard of sand drags? Mud bogs? Rock racing? Heck people race belt sanders! The old my whatever is faster than your whatever is one of the best past times ever!

Dont hate the guy cuz he wants to drag his Jeep. Just be glad he HAS a Jeep!
Wouldn't call that "hating"... and wouldn't call that jumping all over a guy. I called it stupid to race a jeep because they are SLOW. Drop in a Hemi, supercharge it, whatever... it's still easily beaten. I love it because of it's versatility and heritage. Now go wave to somebody...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTBryan
First one to the mall wins?
LOL

Where is the 3.6 vs 3.8 show and shine competition thread!!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the lucky ones that got the lifetime powertrain warranty... if they blow their 3.8 in a couple of years, would they get it replaced with the 3.6?? ...or do they still produce the 3.8 for other vehicles?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Junkie

For the lucky ones that got the lifetime powertrain warranty... if they blow their 3.8 in a couple of years, would they get it replaced with the 3.6?? ...or do they still produce the 3.8 for other vehicles?
They would get a rebuilt 3.8. Would be nice nice to get a free 3.6!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn't call that "hating"... and wouldn't call that jumping all over a guy. I called it stupid to race a jeep because they are SLOW. Drop in a Hemi, supercharge it, whatever... it's still easily beaten. I love it because of it's versatility and heritage. Now go wave to somebody...
Im waving! Maybe I still have a "new guy" chip on my shoulder? There is plenty of everything hating/criticising the 12. Im hoping it dies down and we get back to just having fun with our Jeeps, regardless of the year, door count and chosen activity. Heck even driving to work is dare I say, more fun, since I got my Jeep!

I should have just kept my mouth shut and ignored this thread!

here is a Jeep wave to all (why dont we have a jeep wave on this forum?)
Old 08-27-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool response. I too think it's more fun driving to work in the Jeep! Glad to be part of the community!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

It would most likely be replaced with the 3.8, probably a rebuilt motor.

In theory if you are that desperate for the 3.6 it would probably bolt up to the existing tranny, although you would probably have to modify existing motor mounts, exhaust, intake, wiring harness, as well as move some stuff around the engine bay, but you could make it work. I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, but to some money isn't an issue.

Shame the ones with the loudest voices are always the minority of the people.

For those bitching about acceleration check this site (if I'm not supposed to post this link sorry it didn't go to a competing jeep site, or vendor.) it doesn't look like ANY of the jeeps were fast, ever. Looking at the times, I'm going to assume that a big factor is more gearing than lack of power. Including transmission gearing.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Jeep-0-60-mph-Times.html

Quick Reply: Any 2012 JK Haters want to dragrace their 3.8's vs a 3.6?