Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone Avoided The Ally Lease turn-in fee?

Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Avoided The Ally Lease turn-in fee?

My first ally lease and maybe my last. What a scam. Do they send new lease offers? I have 3 months left and i'm starting to sweat!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are you doing at lease end? Getting another JK? Getting another vehicle from the same dealer? Get the dealer to waive it or eat it as part of your negotiation. Don't be nervous, look at it as a game. Just play better than the other guy. You're the customer, the one with the money, so you run this. They like to think otherwise, but not so much.

Last edited by Rule18; 10-24-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

How much is the fee for buying out the lease?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DrunkinFugger
My first ally lease and maybe my last. What a scam. Do they send new lease offers? I have 3 months left and i'm starting to sweat!
yeah I avoided it, i bought mine.. lol I'm just kidding. well about the no fee. never mind! yes, you can avoid fees by going into another lease with the bank. its usually negotiable along with a lot of other "fees" incorporated in the sleazy business.. I sold cars for 2 years and will never go back because i was pretty damn close to loosing my voucher into heaven just by associating myself with those people. If i were you, i would just buy the jeep next time. Oh and watch with the "wear and tear" fees that they will try to hit you with. fight them to your fullest and make sure you know the guidelines. don't just rely on them to tell you the truth. i.e. they see a scratch the size of a quarter and tell you its too big and they will dock you for that when in reality you are allowed to have a scratch up the the size of a credit card.. you get the picture? but if your contract said you had a balloon payment at the end, then good luck. those are hard to fight.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rule18
What are you doing at lease end? Getting another JK? Getting another vehicle from the same dealer? Get the dealer to waive it or eat it as part of your negotiation. Don't be nervous, look at it as a game. Just play better than the other guy. You're the customer, the one with the money, so you run this. They like to think otherwise, but not so much.
I have already told 3 low ball dealers to shove it. I would like to get another but there arent any incentives and they upped the msrp!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ricksjeep10
How much is the fee for buying out the lease?
Well I cant find my paperwork but i think its $1500. I have read elsewhere its a high as $2500!

That fee is at least 10% of the value of the lease! And it makes it so i cant afford the payments at the end to purchase.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ally doesn't have a lease turn-in fee. All you have to do is sign three forms and your done.

Quick Reply: Anyone Avoided The Ally Lease turn-in fee?