Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone have a 2013 Compass?

Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a 2013 Compass?

Just wondering if any of you happen to have a 2013 compass (or 2012) .. what do you think of it?

Considering getting one, but we don't expect to ever take it off road, but we want something that will be really good in snow & bad weather. Still have yet to test drive one, kinda worried it will be too teeny and cramped inside.. but I love the not-so-grand-cherokee look.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Don't have a 13 compass, but my wife drives an 09 patriot, which is pretty much exactly the same inside as the compass, just the boxy exterior that is supposed to look like the commander or the old Cherokee I guess. The interior room for passengers is very comparable to the JKU, with a little more headroom ( no roll bar to get in the way ). The cargo area is smaller and more narrow. Overall it has been a great little SUV. We bought it during what turned out to be the worst winter in 30 years when we were stationed in Germany, it was a great buy. It also performed well during last winters "snowpocalypse" here in Olympia, WA. It is probably the easiest to drive vehicle I have ever driven, very user friendly, and the fuel economy is decent once the engine is broken in. We get about 25 mpg city/mixed driving, and 27 hwy. Its fairly survivable, we hit a Wild boar in Germany and were rear ended by an F-350 with a massive pre- runner bumper in AZ, and its still going. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I would recommend a dark interior though, the tan we have shows every scuff. Hope this helps!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Currently have a 2010 Ford Escape .. guessing the compass would be about the same? Only real concern is I want to have a GPS built in, but it seems like the only way to get that is to crank it up to a fully loaded Limited, and at that point I feel like I may as well spend a few K extra and just get a grand cherokee. I guess I could always have an aftermarket one put in.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I would say that it's very much like a ford escape. You might be able to talk to a dealer and order one with Nav, and I'm pretty sure you could score a deal on a 12 at this point.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a 2013 Compass?