Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ARB Bumper Sag

Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

A quick way to get an idea how much sag you'll experience is to find a kid about the right weight and ask him to stand on your bumper. With so many different spring and mod configurations, you may find this more reliable for you.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is "Old Painless" with the 35's and 3 inch lift. Not a lot of room now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 35s.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	574454  
Old 09-05-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
I have a ARB deluxe front and rear bumpers. I also have a WARN 10,000lb winch on the front. I have lost an inch of lift from the weight. I'm thinking of adding 1 inch coil spacers to pick it back up to the 3 inch lift I have. Especially now that I went from 33's to 35's.Attachment 574130Attachment 574131
I love the way it looks, do you have a shot of the rear bumper?

Sent from my SM-N900T
Old 09-05-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RealJK
I love the way it looks, do you have a shot of the rear bumper?

Sent from my SM-N900T
Here is the back bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep back.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	574465  
Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T
Old 09-05-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After installing a 2.5" lift on our JKU I then installed a full width steel winch bumper/winch combo, a steel rear bumper/tire carrier, and a MRBP roof rack only to see the undoing of the lift from the additional weight. I now have Rancho geo-correction brackets and OME heavy duty lift springs in the garage waiting to be installed to compensate/correct for the additional weight.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
After installing a 2.5" lift on our JKU I then installed a full width steel winch bumper/winch combo, a steel rear bumper/tire carrier, and a MRBP roof rack only to see the undoing of the lift from the additional weight. I now have Rancho geo-correction brackets and OME heavy duty lift springs in the garage waiting to be installed to compensate/correct for the additional weight.
What lift did you have that you felt the need to replace it after installing bumpers?
Old 09-05-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stephens2r
What lift did you have that you felt the need to replace it after installing bumpers?
I had a Teraflex 2.5" lift, which did a great job of giving me needed clearance when the Jeep was light. It rides well, flexes as needed, always doing what I needed it to do. For the majority of lift applications it is a great choice. My issue is that I have been outfitting my Jeep for overlanding. I need to carry everything with me and all that crap is heavy and now my 2.5" lift is more like 1.5". Very few spring manufacturers advertise a spring set that not only proves lift but compensates for added weight, OME is one of those few, so I went with them. OME is part of the ARB family and they have a good reputation in overlanding circles.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
I had a Teraflex 2.5" lift, which did a great job of giving me needed clearance when the Jeep was light. It rides well, flexes as needed, always doing what I needed it to do. For the majority of lift applications it is a great choice. My issue is that I have been outfitting my Jeep for overlanding. I need to carry everything with me and all that crap is heavy and now my 2.5" lift is more like 1.5". Very few spring manufacturers advertise a spring set that not only proves lift but compensates for added weight, OME is one of those few, so I went with them. OME is part of the ARB family and they have a good reputation in overlanding circles.
Can't go wrong with OME. Just want to point out that TF has more recently created an overlanding 2.5" lift to specifically address the problem with theirs sagging in the rear. I have no experience with it, having the regular TF 2.5" springs up front and OME HD in the rear when it sagged too much. But am interested to see how it performs.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Can't go wrong with OME. Just want to point out that TF has more recently created an overlanding 2.5" lift to specifically address the problem with theirs sagging in the rear. I have no experience with it, having the regular TF 2.5" springs up front and OME HD in the rear when it sagged too much. But am interested to see how it performs.
Mark,

I saw their video but couldn't find anyone with experience with it so I went with well reviewed OME. My front springs are sitting at home, the rears are backordered for now, so I have to wait.

What's your opinion of the Cooper ST/Maxx LT295/70R17E as an overlanding tire? They're 33.5 diameter.

K

Quick Reply: ARB Bumper Sag