Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ARB Bumper Sag

Old 10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB Bumper Sag

I'm running a mostly stock JKU. I plan to add an ARB bumper but I'm worried about sag. The bumper is approx 95 lbs. Any idea how much the front end will drop? Anyone else have a stock suspension with this bumper? Appreciate any insight.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pcarpenter
I'm running a mostly stock JKU. I plan to add an ARB bumper but I'm worried about sag. The bumper is approx 95 lbs. Any idea how much the front end will drop? Anyone else have a stock suspension with this bumper? Appreciate any insight.
I can tell you from personal experience that with an ARB and stock suspension, your front end will sag 1 - 2 inches! Especially if you drop a winch in there. Here's a pic of mine with stock springs and 3" spacers. There is already a rake to our JK's and once you add a 100 lb bumper on the front it exaggerates the rake even more...

If you are planning on not changing your suspension at all, I would recommend at least adding a 1" or 1.5" spacer up front. That will help eliminate the sag from an ARB....
Old 10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

^^ Agreed ^^

From my experience I'd recommend at least a .75-1" spacer.

I have a Powerplant so I went Teraflex 1" spacers and I'm happy with it.

Here's an old pic of my JK with stock suspension with ARB/PP and no spacer:

Definitely sagging and looking sad.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response guys ... I guess I need to consider spacers
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get a set of springs instead. Spacers will give you the extra height you need, but will do nothing to address the added weight of the bumper and winch.

You've got to remove your front springs to install spacers anyway, so you may as well get a set of longer/higher rate springs from Old Man Emu.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeff from Omaha
I'd get a set of springs instead. Spacers will give you the extra height you need, but will do nothing to address the added weight of the bumper and winch.

You've got to remove your front springs to install spacers anyway, so you may as well get a set of longer/higher rate springs from Old Man Emu.

I agree on adding in coils but from my experience I still needed to run the spacer after the coils. Maybe just less - .75" - 1"

Here's my rig OME 619's in the front + 1" TF spacer. Looks level.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something to consider, mace: add a heavy aftermarket rear bumper and/or recovery gear in the back end of your Jeep (e.g. chain/straps, C02 if you have it, Hi-Lift, tool kit, etc.) and you'll be nose high in no time. So in street trim, perhaps a slight forward list is desirable.

I too have OME 619s in front, but no longer run a .75 Daystar as I did in days past. The rake my JK currently exhibits is only very slight and I'm perfectly level when loaded.

Food for thought.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeff from Omaha
Something to consider, mace: add a heavy aftermarket rear bumper and/or recovery gear in the back end of your Jeep (e.g. chain/straps, C02 if you have it, Hi-Lift, tool kit, etc.) and you'll be nose high in no time. So in street trim, perhaps a slight forward list is desirable.

I too have OME 619s in front, but no longer run a .75 Daystar as I did in days past. The rake my JK currently exhibits is only very slight and I'm perfectly level when loaded.

Food for thought.
Good points most definitely.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a ARB deluxe front and rear bumpers. I also have a WARN 10,000lb winch on the front. I have lost an inch of lift from the weight. I'm thinking of adding 1 inch coil spacers to pick it back up to the 3 inch lift I have. Especially now that I went from 33's to 35's.Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 2.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	574130Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 1.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	574131
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With winch + arb deluxe I lost an inch as well.

Quick Reply: ARB Bumper Sag