Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Baby on board!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Baby on board!

My wife and I are going to be first-time parents within the next couple of weeks. We are excited that his ride home from the hospital will be in my JKU. However....

What potential as a baby-mobile can I realistically expect from my JKU? I've already found that I can only fit the rear-facing baby seat in the middle of the back seat. Keeping in mind that I have a soft top/zip-out rear window; how easy will it be for me to get the following in and out?

- Full-size stroller
- Pack 'n Play
- Diaper bags
- Motorized baby swing
- Various toys
- etc.

Do any of you parents have any tips/tricks that I should consider?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I am terrified I am going to have to get rid of my Jeep when we have kids
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats! Our little girl is 3 weeks old today. I was worried about the same issues. In all honesty, with the 4 door, you should have plenty of room. We have the rear facing car seat behind the front passenger seat and there is still room. Lots of trunk space for the stroller, bags, pack n' play, ect.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Your Jk will work great for your baby. In my '08 JKUS I have a rear facing car seat for my 5 month old son, behind the passenger seat I have a forward facing toddler car seat for my almost 2 year old, and my 11 year old daughter sits behind me. There's enough room in the back for 2 strollers, diaper bags, etc. with plenty of room left over for groceries.My oldest son loves riding in the Jeep...will actually throw a fit if we take Moms Sentra instead of the Jeep!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This all sounds like good news! I'm glad I didn't get the 2-door.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Junkie

We have a JK and a JKU. The 2 dr has been a night mare so far, but the wife's JKU is great. Everything you named fits in it easily. You'll be very happy.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

First off, congratulations. The prospect of having kids is one of the reasons I got a 4 door, and I am happy I did. I don't remember on my 08 which side the split was on for the 60/40 rear seat, but on my 11, the 40 is the drivers side. I had the rear facing seat on the drivers side, and was still able to fold the 60 side down. I have been amazed at how much I can fit in the JKU. My wife has a Grand Cherokee, and there is much more room in the JKU since there is no spare under the vehicle. The full size stroller fits perfectly across the back. It takes a little finess getting it in if you don't unzip the rear window, but isn't hard at all. You won't be able to stack the rest of the stuff on top unless you unzip the window, or go over the back seat. With the rear 60 folded down, I take the baby, the 107lb dog, stroller, pack and play, toys, etc. all the time.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep! Congratualtions! You'll have no issues with one. I got my JKU because we were expecting. I was able to keep a Jeep in the family and I love it. Room for everything, more room than my wife's Malibu Maxx. She's a yr and 1/2 now and no regrets. By the time we have another she will be front facing an I expect front facing behind the driver and rear facing behind the passenger. I will admit that it is more comfortable with the rear facing in the middle but it does work ok on the passenger side if you need to have one side down. Good luck and congrats again!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My nephew has lived with us since he was about 3 months and i always had him in my jeep! Even till today he just turned four he loves my jeep and his dads truck! Haha kids are awesome my sister is pregnant again so we will have another baby seat! Ohh i like the seat in the middle because i think its just safer.
But congrats!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, You won't have any problem with the Jeep. I fit all three car seats in the back and have no problems. The kids absolutely love it. They love it best when all the doors are off and the top down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-23 17.52.44a.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	429613

Quick Reply: Baby on board!