Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Back side window flapping??

Old 09-18-2013, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back side window flapping??

Hey folks... new JKU with driver side rear soft window that won't stay in door Jam. It folds back for several inches and stops. Only on driver side. Have had top replaced due to puncture and it still happens. Is it just a faulty curtain that needs replaced? anybody else been or going through same?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do u have it tucked in the rear door surround all the way? Got a pic of where ur problem is?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Do u have it tucked in the rear door surround all the way? Got a pic of where ur problem is?
Don't have pic. Got it tucked as well as possible but it does not stay tucked in the top left corner of the curtain which is the top right corner of the jam. The wind catches it from there and folds it back.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mtn1954
Don't have pic. Got it tucked as well as possible but it does not stay tucked in the top left corner of the curtain which is the top right corner of the jam. The wind catches it from there and folds it back.
The "L" shape that goes in the door jam should be facing toward the rear of the jeep when installed properly. When i got my first jku i didn't know how to do the Windows and they kept flapping, one day i accidentally got it in the right place lol till then i actually put Velcro on it to hold it
On my trek top the top don't go all the way in but it don't pop out at all
Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Yep, sounds like they're not quite installed right. You need to make sure you wrap that L shaped piece around the door jamb and into the slot meant for it. Basically, the window should hold itself in place and not need the door shut on it to remain in place if installed properly.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
Yep, sounds like they're not quite installed right. You need to make sure you wrap that L shaped piece around the door jamb and into the slot meant for it. Basically, the window should hold itself in place and not need the door shut on it to remain in place if installed properly.
Yea i didn't know how to explain it and i just put my hard top back on so i could take pics and show what i ment...like i said before i figured out out i used Velcro lol
Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
PUE.... probable user error.... Got it! THX!

Quick Reply: Back side window flapping??