Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ball joint suggestions

Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball joint suggestions

What ball joints would y'all suggest? Where can i get the best deal at?
Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

The options haven't changed a whole lot over the years, and you're going to get various opinions. How you use the jeep and budget are probably gonna dictate a lot of the decision. Are you doing your own labor? You have Factory, Moog, G2, Alloy, Synergy, Teraflex......then step up to Dynatrac and Rare Parts. Unless you have a D60, all the options are limited to the space the D30 and 44 have to work with.

I didn't have luck with a couple sets of synergy.....some will say they're great. I currently run Dynatracs. Dynatracs and Rare Parts are both a big step up price wise, but once you have to do the job a couple times in the same year it's easier to pay up. If I was stuck in that $200-$250 range, I'd be apt to try the Teraflex.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jstanley78
What ball joints would y'all suggest? Where can i get the best deal at?
Did someone say ball joints?! LOL

Dynatrac Heavy Duty ball joints not only give you great strength, but since they're full rebuildable, pay for themselves versus having to install a whole new set of ball joints if replacement is needed. Plus, since to rebuild our ball joints you don't have to press the housing out of the C (and in turn press a new housing back in) you're not putting extra wear on the C and enlarging the hole for the ball joint by pressing them in and out frequently. And even if you add bigger tires/wheels or other suspension upgrades to your Jeep, Dynatrac HD ball joints can easily handle all of that. You can learn more and see how easy it is to rebuild them at https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable-ball-joints.html

And check out our blog https://www.dynatrac.com/blog/why-dy...ts-are-better/ that explains in full detail what sets our heavy duty ball joints apart from the competition.

Give us a call at 714-421-4314 and we can go over everything with you, and help find you the best deal possible.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Going cheap now...

Jeep Wrangler JK Synergy Ball Joints | eBay
Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not wanting to put a lot of money into my Dana 30, I opted for Teraflex ball joints. They are well built, have adjustable preload, and both upper/lower can be greased while installed.

Prices seemed similar across most sites so I just ordered mine from Quadratec.

Quick Reply: Ball joint suggestions