Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best '13 JKS Front Seat Covers

Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best '13 JKS Front Seat Covers

I want gravel ripping yesterday and the 3 hour clean got me thinking...I should really invest in some seat covers and save myself an hour+ in seat cleaning. I'll probably just take the back seat out next time or find a tonneau cover but I'd like something to protect the fronts.
Im looking for something that'll protect them from the dust and dewy mornings and whatnot. If I have to sacrifice water protection I could deal with it but above all I want something that's going to fit nice and tight and not look horrible as most seat covers seem to.
Long story short opinions can I get off of you guys as to the best seat covers for the front seats in a '13 JKS. Within reason cost isn't that much of and issue but I'd rather not spend more than necessary.
I have a deep cherry wrangler so Ideally I'd like the covers to be black.

Thanks!
*Jeep Wave*
Old 08-15-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many vendors to choose from. Suggest ballistic nylon/ cordura over neoprene for wear and UV resistance. My Coverking neoprene fronts were good for 3 years, then UV and constant wear took its toll: backs are still good after 6 years. Now have Coverking ballistic nylon fronts for 3 years.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do you have side airbags?

If not get the Trek Armor

David
Old 08-18-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

I'm on the waiting list for Trek Armor to get their final DOT approvals. TA seat covers are a waterproof canvas material that you can hose down to clean. There's a local who has them and I'm very impressed with the high quality. He runs doorless in the dessert with a carseat that produces candy and cherios. Trekarmor also made the matching seat cover for the guys carseat. Check em out.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

I've been looking and there doesn't seem to be much that compares to the build quality TA puts out.

Thanks errone!
*Jeep Wave*
Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I over looked a locals stuff as well.
They were http://www.wetokole.com/JEEP-WRANGLER-4F.html

I was really impressed on the fitness and appearance. They have good color matching options too.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
There are many vendors to choose from. Suggest ballistic nylon/ cordura over neoprene for wear and UV resistance. My Coverking neoprene fronts were good for 3 years, then UV and constant wear took its toll: backs are still good after 6 years. Now have Coverking ballistic nylon fronts for 3 years.
Are they waterproof too?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoinCamando

Are they waterproof too?
Water resistant. Any coated, treated woven material that takes constant abrasion and separation stretching of thread from our behinds, over time breaks down. Giant plastic garbage bags or tarps + seat cover = layering for waterproof & mud. ?

If waterproof means submerged to "X" amount of feet for a given time: do I want my seats 3 feet under water for a minute? Just sayin. Reminds me of a very recent phone release claiming waterproof but warrantee does not cover water damage.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner

Water resistant. Any coated, treated woven material that takes constant abrasion and separation stretching of thread from our behinds, over time breaks down. Giant plastic garbage bags or tarps + seat cover = layering for waterproof & mud. ?

If waterproof means submerged to "X" amount of feet for a given time: do I want my seats 3 feet under water for a minute? Just sayin. Reminds me of a very recent phone release claiming waterproof but warrantee does not cover water damage.
Don't be ridiculous! No one is referring to being submerged. That's just asinine. We or maybe just me are referring to waterproofing to keep the seat upholstery dry underneath. If it pours down rain with the tops off, I don't want water soaking into the cloth seats or cushions under them.
Neoprene is WATERPROOF! Water won't go thru it. The material covering it is what wears. So I like the rest I'm sure are looking for the best product. The one that takes the longest to fade and the longest to wear or break down.

Is that clear enough for you?

Last edited by GoinCamando; 08-18-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Junkie

I wasn't impressed with my wet okole's, they produced swamp ass. The marathon seat covers are near idiot proof and shed the mud with ease when I had them. I bought a set of those for 3 different trucks I had in the past.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply: Best '13 JKS Front Seat Covers