Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best rivnut/nutsert tool for the money?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent $155 on a marson 325n like poison spyder recommends. Real easy to use, definitely made the right choice.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AU Bronc N JK
any body have the part numbers or a link t these tools? i just ordered Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers and need the tool to install them and my rear corner guards.. i don't mind spending the money for a quality tool that makes life easier.. just need to know where to get it and a part number!
I finally got around to installing my rear PSC fenders today (ok one of them anyway). Like you, i didn't want to mess around w/ a suboptimal tool so I bought the Marson from McMasterCarr.com - search for part number 95603a770 - make sure you also order the right mandrel size if you need something other than the 1/4" (I needed 5/16' for my fenders)

Also, after hearing all of the horror stories about spun nutserts I also ordered a set of extra nutserts (or rivnuts as they are referred to on the McMaster website) and bought a small piece of sheetmetal from the hardware store and practiced. I wanted to make sure I knew how to set the tool before using it on the jeep. And I am glad I did, my first few nutserts were not crushed enough and were spinning. Not good if I had done that on my jeep first...
Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I used the one that came with my PSC body armor...wasn't the easiest thing to use, but worked for the trail damage I was covering up. I do have a few that ended up spinning, so when I get back to pull the armor off and recoat them, it's going to be a PITA.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Astro rivnut toolset is one of the best toolkits. It comes with many attachments. It comes with 10 pieces each of different types of rivet nuts and 6 interchangeable nosepiece sets and also you don't need to disassemble the tool. It has the main feature is that handle comes with double compound hinges and gives the user a lot of leverage
Old 06-29-2019, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Astro Rivnut tool. When i took my poison spyder fenders off to have them re powder coated, many of the rivnuts were loose. The body shop that put them on, didn’t make sure they were in tight. So before I reattached the fenders, i made sure they were all tight. I also did the same process with my crusher corners. I threaded the rivnut on the tool, and tightened it. Then i tightened down the mandrel and tightened it down again. I do not have a rivnut that isn't tight. I like it a lot better, because next time i take the fenders off, they will all be a piece of cake to remove.

Quick Reply: Best rivnut/nutsert tool for the money?