Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop quick disconnect knuckle question

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop quick disconnect knuckle question

Does this only work with Best top's soft top or can it work with factory OEM soft top? Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Works on factory too, had them on my 08
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks, i'm guessing not too many people who has these?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

I know of a bunch of people who have them, including myself on the OEM soft top. They are AWESOME to say the least. Literally 5 minutes and you can take the entire top AND bow kit off....makes the jeep look all the better with the top down and no bars/top sticking out, etc. Nice clean look.

IMO, I think this is the best of both worlds for a soft top. I was looking at the Trektop's prior to picking these up....and if you think about it, this is BETTER than the Trektop(minus the angled window in the rear, whoopee.....). You can slide the top back and just have the front open, take the top all the way back, take out just the back windows, or take the top and bow kit completely off....and a LOT quicker and less hassle than the Trektops... I mean, if your top is perfectly fine and the bow kit is as well, I couldn't see myself going out and paying for another soft top just cause of an angled window(or a bowless kit depending on what model Trektop you get). Then again, to each his own....
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks you! I will be ordering my tomorrow. For the longest time i thought it only worked for Bestop soft tops and I desperately need this come spring/summer

Quick Reply: Bestop quick disconnect knuckle question