Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

bestop underseat break in

Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I would post as a heads up to any gun owners who actually use this like I do. When I can't carry, I store my firearm in the safe...

Well, long story short- keys were stolen along with my sons diaper bag where I had them (went swimming so no pockets).

Weapon was still in the safe... took me under 3 minutes when I got home to open the safe without special tools. No bueno bestop.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

What did you use? Any special tools? Would love to see if anyone has done this with the Tufffy also.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

To protect current owners I won't give specifics - but they were ordinary tools.

Called Bestop - they advised, "oh ya, well its not break-in proof..."
Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tuffy is a much better product but not going to keep someone out if they really want in.

Locks are just there to keep the honest people honest.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Tuffy is a much better product but not going to keep someone out if they really want in.

Locks are just there to keep the honest people honest.

Your right... anything is vulnerable but I just expected it to be a little bit more of a PITA.

I actually got a Tuffy alternative tonight and I gave up trying the same procedure after 20 minutes working at it. I even broke out the crow bar and it is not bent/damaged or opened. This is what I expected the bestop to do. The Tuffy deterred me and I gave up - I am sure if I spent another 30 minutes I could have figure out a way. I will be having a buddy weld a latch lock on this one as well - hopefully further extending the time it would take.

Quick Reply: bestop underseat break in