Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Windjammer: very upset

Old 06-24-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Windjammer: very upset

Hi Jeepers (sorry for my english; I'm French Canadian)
Last week, I bought from Quadratec, the Bestop Bikini top, Windjammer, Duster Deck Cover, Windshield Channel, and the Mopar Tailgate Bar. I also bought from the dealer the 4 Mopar Door Rails.
I am very upset about the windjammer. This is the worst model I have seen. The water comes into the Jeep by the windjammer like the Niagara Falls! And there is no Wraparound Windjammer for the unlimited. Ridicoulus...
Fortunately, Quadratec has a 30 day return policy. Therefore, I will receive this week the Supertop by Bestop. The dealer don't have a return policy, so I will have to sell my Mopar door rails on Ebay.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pm sent regarding door surrounds
Old 06-24-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Simply Jeep
Last week, I bought from Quadratec, the Bestop Bikini top, Windjammer, Duster Deck Cover, Windshield Channel, and the Mopar Tailgate Bar. I also bought from the dealer the 4 Mopar Door Rails.
I am very upset about the windjammer. This is the worst model I have seen. The water comes into the Jeep by the windjammer like the Niagara Falls! And there is no Wraparound Windjammer for the unlimited. Ridicoulus...
Fortunately, Quadratec has a 30 day return policy. Therefore, I will receive this week the Supertop by Bestop. The dealer don't have a return policy, so I will have to sell my Mopar door rails on Ebay.
Not to be rude, but thats how the windjammer works. Its not meant to be weatherproof.

Sometimes you need to do a little homework before buying things.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 06-24-2008 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Not to harp on the Search function, but it would have helped you out. As a side not though, you CAN apparently make the wraparound windjammer work on the unlimited. Search for the thread detailing how.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Simply Jeep
lemme help a fellow CDN JK'r out...i saw this thread a while ago...so if u can get them to exchange for the part listed, u might get the set up ur looking for...bon chance mon amis!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=windjammer
Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by revolucion!
lemme help a fellow CDN JK'r out...i saw this thread a while ago...so if u can get them to exchange for the part listed, u might get the set up ur looking for...bon chance mon amis!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=windjammer
I know, but with this modification, the back seats have to be down. Not very interesting if you have 3 passengers...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

I've added the wraparound to my 4-door and the back seats DO NOT have to be down. You do have to unbolt the rear seat belts to take the jammer on or off though...

Last edited by JTH00; 06-24-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JTH00
I've added the wraparound to my 4-door and the back seats DO NOT have to be down. You do have to unbolt the rear seat belts to take the jammer on or off though...

Is that the wrap around version for the two door?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jab1472
Is that the wrap around version for the two door?

Most likely. I have used the 2dr wrap around for the past 4 years on the wifes 07 JKU, and although it fits quite tight, it works.

Quick Reply: Bestop Windjammer: very upset