Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Big wave to all the '08 and '07 original owners out there! Who's left?

Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wave Back

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	572753Bought ours new Oct of 08. Installed a 3" BDS lift,35 KM2 tires,waren elite front bumper w/ 8 Zeon winch, ace rear bumper w/ridge led lights. Love "The Sancha", burns a little oil and only issue has been the front drive shaft and replaced by life time warranty.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2008 is still going strong. But with only 29170 on the clock, i'm not surprised!
Bought it in November 2007, so I guess it sorta qualifies as first-gen JK.
Here's to the next 29000!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
Bought my 08 in February 08 with the lifetime power train warranty. Any other original owners from that era? I have 81k miles and I have done more things with my wife and kids in that thing than I can remember. Super easy to work on too. Good vehicle. Going camping the next few weeks, towing lots of gear.
I also bought my 08 in February 08 with the lifetime power train warranty. I have about 74k and it's still going strong. It's been a very reliable vehicle with no problems other than a couple of manufacturer recalls (fuel tank & something else I can't remember). Also still no leaks in the freedom top!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by vs_jk
... still no leaks in the freedom top!
At 145K miles:
  • No hardtop leaks
  • No oil burning
  • Virtually no rust on the door hinges
  • No steering wheel clunk
  • No door mirror ding (plenty of hail dings from an F5 tornado, however)
  • Original BJs went over 100K miles. Second set (Crown) lasted less than 15K miles

I've had plenty of other things I've had to work on, but I haven't had the issues that are often cited as being "common" for early model JKs.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is paid off and has the lifetime power train warranty too. I just started getting that starter issue a few days ago. I have to try to start it a few times before it catches. Apparently it is not uncommon in the 08. Replaced the radiator cap a few weeks ago; engine was overheating occasionally and this fixed it right up. I have done everything from tow boats, rip out trees, off-roading with my boy, stack a million surfboards on it and pack the Jeep with 7 passengers for a surf trip (I have a third row bench seat), ski trips, tow my friend's car when it broke down, watched drive-ins with the family sitting on thensoundbar, tow campers, teach my son how to work on trucks, hauling wood to build my kids' tree house, practiced the arts of procreation in it (the sound bar in the 4 door is sooo useful)... It's family now. It's totally beat to shit and I remember every dent and scratch and it never has the top on so the upholstery is destroyed. I will reupholster it soon.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
At 145K miles:
  • No hardtop leaks
  • No oil burning
  • Virtually no rust on the door hinges
  • No steering wheel clunk
  • No door mirror ding (plenty of hail dings from an F5 tornado, however)
  • Original BJs went over 100K miles. Second set (Crown) lasted less than 15K miles

I've had plenty of other things I've had to work on, but I haven't had the issues that are often cited as being "common" for early model JKs.

No door mirror ding???!!! Dude. And you call yourself a Jeeper. Tsk tsk my friend. Tsk tsk.m
Old 08-27-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's family now. It's totally beat to shit and I remember every dent and scratch.
Awesome perspective and well said. For some, the memories made in our Jeeps are worth way more than the next greatest engine, feature, or design change. Rock what you got and don't look back...

Last edited by Gr808JK; 08-27-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

No door mirror ding???!!! Dude. And you call yourself a Jeeper. Tsk tsk my friend. Tsk tsk.m
I hang my head in shame. ;-)
Old 08-27-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 08 here 43k miles!

I got mine custom built in september of 07 and now have 43k miles on it. I have had a number of issues fixed under the LPTW as well as the warranty it came with. Starting to get serious about overlanding and it's all finally coming together. Just get it back from the shop cause the synchros were all messed up and it was popping outta' first. Also, paid to have to the clutch pedal rebuilt so that it would stop squawking at me every time i press it down.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
... Also, paid to have to the clutch pedal rebuilt so that it would stop squawking at me every time i press it down.
Mine is making loud creaking noises. I have a new master cylinder setting on my workbench--need to swap that out before my next trip into the wilderness (Big Bend in a few weeks).

Quick Reply: Big wave to all the '08 and '07 original owners out there! Who's left?