Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Big wave to all the '08 and '07 original owners out there! Who's left?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Wave to the Originals.

Drove mine off the lot in July 07. Just passed the 160,000km mark. The wheel clutch mechanism in the LSD rear was done under warranty. The factory battery left me stranded 3 weeks after the warranty was up. I just replaced the freedom top seals for the first time this spring. Minimal oil burn. With only 500km new it took me to the top of the mountain on the left in the pic below. I am still surprised sometimes at just how capable a stock jeep is. It has served me well but I always do my maintenance = peace of mind. I now have a wife and two kids, it takes us and all our gear where ever we want to go, and it gets us home. The drivers seats has a rip, it's scratched and dinged, but it won't be up for sale any time soon. Jeep

ATTACH=CONFIG]573388[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02391.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	573388  
Old 08-28-2014, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine in Nov 08' 85374miles. Just put a 3.5 MC on it and loving it. No water leaks or burning oil. Have the lifetime power train warranty and max care. I've spent $200 for 4 BJs, 2 power lock servos, tranz range sender, clock spring, rear drives half. Now I'm just waiting for the LSD to blow up, it's popping real bad now. But never dose it for the dealer.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Had a 07 3piece top leaked 9 times put on 18,000 miles. Dealer bought back under lemon law & got a new 08 the same as 07.I have 105,000 miles trouble free.It has been great. Giving over to my son waiting on a 15 Sahara same options as my 08 .
Old 08-28-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I originally bought a minivan and was literally on the verge of tears. I was a single full time dad, just got divorced, had to sell the house, ex wife was suffering from post partum and was off in la la land doing who knows what, and my other van had been to totalled. Kids and I almost died in the crash actually. Life was pretty ****ing miserable. So I drove off the lot thinking wtf my life sucks here I am again in a crap car and I miss my CJ7 I had in college. I said **** it, I tutned turned around in my brand new van, told the salesman I am tired of being a jerk, it's time to turn my life around and sell me that Jeep right there I don't wanna haggle. I actually made a u turn about 5 feet off the lot. Just sell it to me. Swapped the van with the Jeep, met my current wife two months later (happily married she rocks), kids are doing great, bought a better house, got a better job, rebuilt my relationship with my ex we are great friends now.... At that moment back in 08 I just decided I need to start living again and that Jeep said "Dude let me help you regain your love for life," and it did. It really did. This is a true story. I' not kidding when I drive that thing without the top or doors over the Bay Area bridges on a sunny day with my family in tow, or when I use it to take us camping, off-roading, whatever; it really makes me happy. Like isaid it is beat to shit but in the same way the stuffed animal rabbit was beat to shit in the Velveteen Rabbit. I ****ing love my Jeep. I had 10 surfboards stacked on it recently. I had an assembled basketball hoop, a ping pong table and a chicken coop ALL STACKED ON TOP recently as I drove two hours from a garage sale. When I arrived my kids cheered at what dad brought home, and laughed at how ridiculous I looked. Damn that's one corny post haha but it's all true. When we bought our house we had these nasty trees in our front yard and my wife wanted them gone right away. Chained them to the Jeep and out they came and the wife thought I was a rock star.It's just ****ing fun to own. I use the Jeep to haul garbage from a local impoverished school that my neighbors adopted to help the community. Fun as hell I love my Jeep.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Mine is making loud creaking noises. I have a new master cylinder setting on my workbench--need to swap that out before my next trip into the wilderness (Big Bend in a few weeks).

Enjoy that trip. I thought I should let you know that for the $300 clutch pedal fix, Chrysler was "generous" enough to replace the master cylinder under warranty before it ran out this week. So I got the synchros replaced, clutch pedal fixed and a new clutch master cylinder for 300 USD. One caveat: when I got the truck back I lifted the hood to fix my fog light wiring that Chrysler moved around and wrecked and amidst the sweating and cussing I realized that my air intake was disconnected from the manifold. Unbelievable.

Quick Reply: Big wave to all the '08 and '07 original owners out there! Who's left?