Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Has your Jeep been broken into?
Never (They fear the beast)
84.91%
Once (I'm still looking for them)
13.21%
More then once (I keep a gun by the window)
1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Break In's

Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break In's

After all I've read here and all the lock down products I've seen sold online I was wondering how many people have had their Jeeps broken into. If you have I would be interested to know if it was in the city or out in the civilized suburbs.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

My old YJ w/hardtop was broken into in San Diego while parked in a college parking lot. They destroyed the lock and left a small dent in the door. I had three other vehicles broken into in San Diego as well. I've had better luck (so far) since moving to a smaller city.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

My Jeep is so bad-ass, it mugs people, not the other way around.

In all seriousness, Wranglers are about the least secure vehicle you can purchase, with the exception of a pickup truck where you leave your items in the pickup bed. The general rule of thumb is "Don't leave it behind if you ever want to see it again." Having said that, if you live in a low-crime area, your risk is probably acceptably low... but if you're in a big city, you'll want to consider upgrading your security options (i.e., alarm, Tuffy-style products, etc.).
Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine has never been broken into (knock on wood) and I hope it stays that way!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

My old YJ was broken into a couple times while I was in college. I had a couple speakers stolen once and while at the airport, the stereo was stolen. Neither was very valuable. I had the half doors, so no locks, it did have an alarm system, but it was random as to when it worked.

Quick Reply: Break In's