Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

On the brink again...

Old 03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face On the brink again...

Some may remember my 2008 Rubicon, I had quite a few issues with it and finally gave it back to Chrysler, swearing off their new products forever. Well, nothing is forever, I am looking at a new Rubicon Unlimited with the "improved" V6.

I drove a Sport and a Sahara today in order to test out the new engine and auto vs stick drivelines. My impression of the engine is that it's definitely quicker but also seems noisier and sounds tinny to me. Looks as though a lot of gadgetry has been included as standard equipment now too.

In reading through some of the technical posts here, I am seeing quite a few complaints re fuel economy. My 08 would regularly knock down 20 MPG on the highway. Is this an unreasonable expectation with the Pentastar engine? How are the electronics holding up on the newer models? The drivelines? I don't want to come off as negative but the threads I'm finding don't sound too positive. Perhaps it's just that the ones that break get reported and the ones that don't, don't.

Lastly, can a person turn that damn hill assist off?

Thanks for the feedback, good and bad, all appreciated

Quick Reply: On the brink again...