Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buyer Protection

Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Protection

Just a friendly reminder that when making purchases with a serious cost always do your homework. Surf the internet, call a # of vendors & learn everything you can about the part or parts in question.
Recently had a very unpleasant experience with THMOTORSPORTS and inevitably tied up 600$ of my money for a week. I really despise when things go wrong and your given a bullshit excuse on why it happened. I mean if you order a part and you made a mistake and got the wrong one you pay shipping back and most likely a restocking fee, there is always a price to pay (that is if your the buyer).
Now Im not going to flame any further, just a warning to protect yourself. The feeling of being had is uncomfortable. Remember if it sounds to good to be true, if the price is much lower than the average cost regardless of your questioning beware because 99% of the time it is to good to be true.
Be sure to read customer reviews of the vendor if you google it youll find it.

Last edited by arkain04; 03-20-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hence why I stick to Northridge and Quadratec for 90% of my purchases, especially the big ones. Good advice though.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Myself as well, unfortunatly they don't sell spec clutch kits so I had to go elsewhere.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

And you are correct Northridge guys are a stand up bunch!
They can chime in on how patient and willing to work with I am and how this is not a knee jerk reaction.
I went through 3 best top NX to get one without issues.
They are what every co. Should model after!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arkain04
And you are correct Northridge guys are a stand up bunch!
They can chime in on how patient and willing to work with I am and how this is not a knee jerk reaction.
I went through 3 best top NX to get one without issues.
They are what every co. Should model after!!!
Yep just had a problem with my bestop nx quadratec no ? Asked sent me a new one and a shipping label for the old one.

Quick Reply: Buyer Protection