Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buying a Jeep to Order???

Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Jeep to Order???

I am sure this answer is somewhere within the walls of this forum, but could not find a complete answer from searching and reading.

I have read about a bunch of folks on this site ordering a Jeep based on specs, many times before the model has gone into production. I am considering purchasing a new Jeep over the summer and potentially ordering a 2014 before the model is in production. How and when do the negotiations take place with the dealer?

1. Purchase price
2. Trade-in value
3. Down payment
4. APR
5. Deposit?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse28
I am sure this answer is somewhere within the walls of this forum, but could not find a complete answer from searching and reading.

I have read about a bunch of folks on this site ordering a Jeep based on specs, many times before the model has gone into production. I am considering purchasing a new Jeep over the summer and potentially ordering a 2014 before the model is in production. How and when do the negotiations take place with the dealer?

1. Purchase price
2. Trade-in value
3. Down payment
4. APR
5. Deposit?

Thanks in advance!
I have ordered two this way now.

I always negotiate at the time of order.
If you do a trade, it will make a difference if you give them the vehicle then or when the new Jeep arrives.
When I ordered mine, I did not put any money down, made no deposit and arranged my own financing.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ordered 2 as well. Its the best way to get what you want if you can wait 4-6 weeks. I have also found that pricing is usually better when ordering.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse28

1. Purchase price
2. Trade-in value
3. Down payment
4. APR
5. Deposit?

Thanks in advance!
Good luck on your order and welcome to the forum.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the responses and welcoming! I love this community and can't wait to be a full member!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

I have ordered my last two wranglers this way. I always do the negotiations at time of ordering; trade in, out the door pricing etc. I never can seem to find exactly what I'm looking for and I have patience so it's the only way to go for me.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Write down what u want and email/ fax to several dealers. They will compete to het u the best price.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered my Jeep two weeks ago. Negotiated price before ordering. Gave them a check for $1000, and they ordered it. No trade, no financing on the Jeep. They are holding the check and will give it back once the Jeep comes in. At that time, I will write them a new check for the entire price.

Ordered my Raptor last March. Same deal. Negotiated price before ordering. Gave Ford dealer $1000 check which I got back once the Raptor came in. In this case, I was trading in my 2005 Z71 Silverado. They quoted me a trade in value as to what they thought it would be worth in two months once the Raptor was done. They asked me not to put more than 2000 miles on it in that two months, which was not a problem. I drove the Silverado until the Raptor arrived, at which time they gave me exactly what they had said they would for it.

I don't know how financing works, but I'm sure your dealer would be happy to tell you. They will be willing to work with you.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saskipper
Ordered my Jeep two weeks ago. Negotiated price before ordering. Gave them a check for $1000, and they ordered it. No trade, no financing on the Jeep. They are holding the check and will give it back once the Jeep comes in. At that time, I will write them a new check for the entire price.

Ordered my Raptor last March. Same deal. Negotiated price before ordering. Gave Ford dealer $1000 check which I got back once the Raptor came in. In this case, I was trading in my 2005 Z71 Silverado. They quoted me a trade in value as to what they thought it would be worth in two months once the Raptor was done. They asked me not to put more than 2000 miles on it in that two months, which was not a problem. I drove the Silverado until the Raptor arrived, at which time they gave me exactly what they had said they would for it.

I don't know how financing works, but I'm sure your dealer would be happy to tell you. They will be willing to work with you.
Man wish I had your money to order two bad ass rides like that an pay cash
Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

When i ordered mine i waited until the last week in the month. They need to make their numbers! Remember that Jeep gives the dealership 3% of the MSRP of the vehicle as a dealer hold back. This helps the dealer pay bills. (kind of like rental for the vehicles sitting at the dealer before they are sold.) If you order one it is already sold there for you should have to pay the hold back. I bought me 2012 for less than what the dealer paid for it. They didn't like that i discussed hold back. I started with 10 dealerships and only had 2 willing to deal.

Quick Reply: Buying a Jeep to Order???