Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Calling all Engineers

Old 09-22-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Electrical Engineer (BS and MS), but spend most of my time as a half-baked aerospace/astrodynamics engineer. Spent the last 25 years in the space business.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Civil (mainly transportation) engineer here. I had a great time in college, but did study quite a bit...
Old 09-24-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Mechanical Engineer here. I had many sleepless nights studying during school. The toughest was the mandatory Art Appreciation elective course. I build warships for the navy now.

2007 Jeep JK
Old 09-25-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jlp10
Mechanical Engineer here. I had many sleepless nights studying during school. The toughest was the mandatory Art Appreciation elective course. I build warships for the navy now.

2007 Jeep JK
The DDG-1000 looks interesting. I'm curious to see how it's used. There have been a lot of detractors.

USS Zumwalt (DDG-1000) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On 31 July 2008, U.S. Navy acquisition officials told Congress that the service needed to purchase more Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, and no longer needs the next-generation DDG-1000 class, Only the two approved destroyers would be built. The navy said the world threat picture had changed in such a way that it now makes more sense to build at least eight more Burkes, rather than DDG-1000s. The navy concluded from fifteen classified intelligence reports that the DDG-1000s would be vulnerable to forms of missile attacks. Many Congressional subcommittee members appeared incredulous that the navy could have conducted such a sweeping re-evaluation of the world threat picture in just a few weeks, after spending some 13 years and $10 billion on the surface ship program known as DD-21, then DD(X) and finally, DDG-1000."

The main thread where I've read about it:
Zumwalt (DDG-1000) - Corner-Carvers Forums

At least James Kirk is the commanding officer.
Commanding Officer

Quick Reply: Calling all Engineers