Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can there be a retractable Trektop??

Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can there be a retractable Trektop??

Was wondering this today if it would be possible for Bestop to make a retractable slant back top like the trektop? Hypothetically, if a softtop can retract, any reason it couldn't be done?

Not that putting up the trektop is difficult but it usually takes me around half hour to get it all back on. A retractable one like the softtop would be pretty easy
Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think they would have to add a frame to be able to fold it back like OEM. Half hour seems pretty damn long to put it on, I'm at like 10 min...quicker if it's pouring lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fugg it
Was wondering this today if it would be possible for Bestop to make a retractable slant back top like the trektop? Hypothetically, if a softtop can retract, any reason it couldn't be done?

Not that putting up the trektop is difficult but it usually takes me around half hour to get it all back on. A retractable one like the softtop would be pretty easy
It would need at least one bow to make it able to fold back. The way that it attaches to the door surrounds would make the current design pretty complicated to be able to to do that. Now, to say that they ditched the current design, it may be possible to get the fast back styling with a bow system, it just wouldn't fit near as tight as the Trektop NX does now.

It might be worth a shot to shoot them an email at csbestop@bestop.com. You never know what might come out of it.

-Zach
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

The rugged ridge jeep power top has a slant back and folds all the way down. I think it runs about $5000 but I assume they could make a nonpowered version.

Quick Reply: Can there be a retractable Trektop??