Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Car Seat HELP!!

Old 02-03-2016, 09:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Seat HELP!!

I am looking at convertible car seats for my 1 year old twin boys. They're too tall for infant car seats so I'm changing them out. Right now the infant car seats are massive and I have to push the seats up so far to fit them, my knees are on dash. I'm looking for a great fitting rear facing car seat you recommend that fit well in the 4dr with little to no room lost for driver and passenger, but comfortable for the kids too. There are so many on the market and the ones I did like, there were actual reviews from wrangler owners saying don't get lol

Pics would be great too
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
I am looking at convertible car seats for my 1 year old twin boys. They're too tall for infant car seats so I'm changing them out. Right now the infant car seats are massive and I have to push the seats up so far to fit them, my knees are on dash. I'm looking for a great fitting rear facing car seat you recommend that fit well in the 4dr with little to no room lost for driver and passenger, but comfortable for the kids too. There are so many on the market and the ones I did like, there were actual reviews from wrangler owners saying don't get lol Pics would be great too
my daughter is 1year and 9 months now. But since she was about 1 year old she was sitting in the car seat she has now which is a Maxi-Cosi Pria 85. The seat is amazing. One of the highest rated and safest seat on the market to date. I'll post a pic later.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-03-2016, 10:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any issues with size? Do you have to scoot up seats at all? She's rear facing?
Old 02-03-2016, 10:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Any issues with size? Do you have to scoot up seats at all? She's rear facing?
no issues with the size at all. And no seat scooting either. But the difference is that she is not rear facing but forward facing. I've always found it to be safer. Especially since your kid is already 1. The seat has 3 anchors. 1 for each side and 1 on the back for top of the head to strapped tight up against the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

When my youngen was riding in car seats we had the Eddie Bauer XRS-65 car seats. He actually rose in it until he no longer needed a car seat. It concert to a toddler booster seat. Additionally you can have the front or rear facing and the cool part is they adjust up as they grow and the seat pivots to a slight reclined position.

http://ebbaby.com/product/xrs-65-con...-seat-whitman/
Old 02-04-2016, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Diono Radian. We use one for my 9month old in both my JKU and the wife's Escape(he wouldn't put up with the infant carrier any more) and its great. Skinny enough to fit 3 across, steel frame but open on sides for his visibility and ease of loading/unloading. Its rear facing in the middle right now, but if I were to rear face behind me, I'd only have to move up a notch or two(I'm 6' and have the seat fairly far back for my size) and it's still comfortable there. Its outer dimensions are about the smallest in comparison to the other convertibles out there. He loves it, very easy to get him in and out and looks very comfortable.

Be sure to get the angle adjuster as well. It gives another 2" or so for the front seats.

Quick Reply: Car Seat HELP!!