Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Carpet

Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet

Will rain hurt my carpet? I have my roof on but the windows out so just the edge is getting wet. But how waterproof is it before mold sets in?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

a little rain won't hurt... many people, including myself, have had over 2-3'' of rain/water and all faired well. While I don't have my carpets in for that reason, them getting wet - if you get most of the excess water, and let it air dry, you'll be fine.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the midwest were rain in very unpredictable (especially lately) and I never have my hard top on so when I run into some rain it usually drys really quick with no issues. I'd say you are ok!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The carpet itself is synthetic (basically plastic), almost like astroturf, so no worries there.

The bigger concern is pooling water under the carpet or water tha manages to stay in the padding or backing and sound deadening material. If the Jeep is closed up, the humidity/condensation could potentially cause issues.

If the carpet gets sprinkled on a bit, I wouldn't worry. Just let it dry out real well. If you submerge or if it sits in the rain for a prolonged period, I'd pull the carpet and dry it just to be sure. JK carpet is really easy to pull out.

Quick Reply: Carpet