Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Caught with mt top down

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Caught with my top down

Weather forcast last nite said no rain for at least three days. Top and doors have been off almost a week. So it rained a good bit last nite. No time to put up top before work. But I did grab the door surrounds. Thought the rain was gone. Rained again after i got to work. Finaly got the top up at lunch. The center console was very wet inside! I cant belive a console in a JEEP is not more water proff!

Last edited by QPJEEP420; 05-21-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got caught like that at my son's baseball practice. I had 2 inches of m&m size hail in the seats.Pulled the plugs when I got home and let it dry out over a couple of days. Nice half door Jeep you have!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2698583610.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	460324  
Old 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

My son has a 98 TJ. For two summers here in NJ he only had a safari top. Wet of some drenching downpours. Some included sideways rain due to wind. He now has an electrical gremlin with the turn signal flasher. Tried replacing the flasher but to no avail. Sometime you can hear the flasher constantly cycling, though the signals are not lighting up. He went all last summer with the hard top on (cause he was in Marine boot camp). Now that gremlin still shows up sometimes but it's more rare.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rvator
I got caught like that at my son's baseball practice. I had 2 inches of m&m size hail in the seats.Pulled the plugs when I got home and let it dry out over a couple of days. Nice half door Jeep you have!
Thanks! Yours looks good too! Cant beat a red jeep!

Quick Reply: Caught with mt top down