Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler LLC screwed up

Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler LLC screwed up

How do these people put wranglers on the market for 25000 to 22000 without a freaking ALARM SYSTEM? i can understand the no power windows which is still screwed up but no alarm? Im gonna buy a brand new car without an alarm, and power locking doors does that sound right? i hope you guys from Chrysler is reading this
Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those who are new to jeeps, this may sound different but for us jeepers it's quiet normal, the less electronics on the car, the less equipment that there is to break, I think a manual is a good enough anti-theft system as it is these days!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why you would complain about no power windows...it's a Jeep, minimalistic is a good thing. Get a fully loaded Sahara or Rubi if you want power everything.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

I own a 2000 tj for a long time now, my tj is lifted 4.5 has 33s....i don't care if its a jeep thing, 25000 for a car without an alarm is like stealing candy from a baby. plus all the mods you add to your pretty 25k jeep could be stolen.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

power windows ain't a worry to me at all, but atleast a alarm, how you suppose to know who messin with your car? Im gonna have to get aftermarket installed and power locks. Theres probably car thiefs out there who know to target the sport model because they know there's no alarm! All they have to do is glance inside and see the no power windows then your screwed.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

I never even lock my jeep ... during the summer the top and windows are off ... I have no use for alarm system. I see you are from Jersey ... different world up there.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why ? Because not everyone lives in the 'hood. Get an aftermarket alarm. They are much better anyway
Old 03-24-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Why ? Because not everyone lives in the 'hood. Get an aftermarket alarm. They are much better anyway
I don't live near the hood, no matter where you live there is someone who will steal murder. No matter what state you live in your not safe. your trying to tell me crimes only happen in the hood?idk whatever, but chrysler needs to step up.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I;ve had my JK 4 years. I leave it parked everywhere unlocked , topless, doorless ,etc ... Including my driveway, work, shopping mall, movie theater, etc ... Nobody has every touched it or messed with it.

Of course I don't really have anything of value in it. CB Radio? Who wants that? Winch controller in center console? No good at pawn shop. Crappy Garmin GPS in glove box. I locked vehicle cries that you are protecting something. An unlocked wide open vehicle tells scumbags you have nothing of value inside. Plus I'd rather somebody open my door to look for goodies than cut my top or windows.

But I assume Chrysler could make a couple extra bucks if they offered one as an option.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Well i guess im going to get aftermarket alarm. Im going to get the text message sensor notify lol

Quick Reply: Chrysler LLC screwed up