Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler will void your warranty

Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler will void your warranty

I have a 2008 JKU that I purchased new. The dealership put 20 RES radios in it after about 30 to 90 days the radio will smoke and quit working. When i got the jeep it had a REN radio but I did not like it . So they asked if i would like the res one in it at the time did not care al long as it worked but now Chrysler will not even put the REN or the res one back in. The only thing they will do is put a aftermarket radio in. The company that is going to put it in will NOT warranty it because of the problems and Chrysler will not because it is aftermarket. Chrysler will not put a REN one in because it was not on the vin but was added buy the dealership and they have no record of that radio being in the jeep.But I have the STAR technical assistance for it. Sorry for the long rant just had to vent!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	img031.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	476451  

Last edited by DonP; 07-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Ive noticed that a lot of things, even MOPAR Parts added by dealers usually have a blurb at the bottom where they attempt to CYA for the parts they put in... Great Job Chrysler.. :\
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm lost? Was the problem because of a radio change from the base to a nav unit? I too have an 08. I ordered it with navigation and it has always worked without problems.

The radio swaps on JKs are super easy. I've added satellite and unconnect.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know i worked at a electronics shop when i was a kid. But it is under warranty and i do not want to touch it. The res radio that is installed now is not working lights on the dash all went on and then it smoked. I will have to see if I can find the video that I had of it doing it when it did it a long time ago. I was going to work and the display was going crazy and by the time I got my phone out it was smoking and sparking. They only replace radio and nothing else and now will not even do that. I have had a lot of other problems with the jeep and have given Chrysler ample time to fix but now they will not even try to fix it and say the radio is blacklisted from the warranty and the maxcare warrant that was $3080. I have now got a lawyer did not want to thought Chrysler would do the right thing!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

After all this i love my jeep but will not get another Chrysler!

Quick Reply: Chrysler will void your warranty