Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Collecting Data for Pentastar Head Replacement issues in JK's

Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SabFanInked84By definition.....an increase of heat going through a single output is caused by increased friction of hot gas molecules that have more internal energy....this internal energy is transfered to the single output through convection and friction to this integral single manifold output...sorry my friend....basic physics...

But thanks for calling me a lunatic.

Your're welcome. Explain to me how friction is increased? The surface texture of the exhaust manifold is constant it doesn't change; the same with gas molecules. The only difference with this head is all of the exhaust, 3 cylinders per side, is being routed through one passageway. Yes it will be hotter compared to a straight shot exit in conventionall exhaust manifold designs. What this will result in is anybodies guess; probably even Chrysler.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Please don't bring the name calling and negativity over here to this thread. Let's keep this one civil since the last one was hijacked and shut down.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Please don't bring the name calling and negativity over here to this thread. Let's keep this one civil since the last one was hijacked and shut down.
Ditto.............
Old 08-20-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't name call anybody. Remember my motto I like to keep things accurate. That's why the internet gets a bad rap from people who don't know what they are talking about. In my previous post I had to correct SabFanInked84 because he was incorrect on his basic Physics.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sunkist Rubi

I didn't name call anybody. Remember my motto I like to keep things accurate. That's why the internet gets a bad rap from people who don't know what they are talking about. In my previous post I had to correct SabFanInked84 because he was incorrect on his basic Physics.
Just let it go man!!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 79cj12jk
Just let it go man!!
"DITTO! "

Last edited by 33 williys 77; 08-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

One more thing. I know the data is incomplete. I just took the info available to me...read through all 73 pages of the original thread. Some missing info was provided to me by PM from the owners. It would take too much of my time, and be intrusive to the members, to follow up with questions regarding the info I don't have.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have tick
No CEL

Balancer Number: 20110722
MDH: 020912
Date of Manufacture: 2-12 (on door)

I found this number on the back of my drivers side head, 05184445A1. anyone know anything about this?
Old 08-31-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone had issues with both heads? I had my drivers side head replaced two weeks ago and today the cel came back on with a code of p0305 cylinder 5 mis fire. Sure enough the passenger side head is ticking now. Off to the stealership again on Tuesday. I love my jeep but man this is becoming ridiculous. I am starting to miss my tj and it's inline 4.0.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dkfrank78
Has anyone had issues with both heads? I had my drivers side head replaced two weeks ago and today the cel came back on with a code of p0305 cylinder 5 mis fire. Sure enough the passenger side head is ticking now. Off to the stealership again on Tuesday. I love my jeep but man this is becoming ridiculous. I am starting to miss my tj and it's inline 4.0.
You're probably one of the very few that have stated your passenger side head has the tic. I'm sorry that's very bad news; but remember that's what the warranty is for.

Somebody should start a poll based on this head problem asking; have they broke down on the road and become completely disabled, has the Chrysler towing program not responded to you when a call was made while you were disabled on the road, and has Chrysler's Star problem phone line not responded to your problem with the creation of a personal case file.

I would think the results would all be pretty close to ZERO. If not, let us all know if any of the above problems have occurred.

Quick Reply: Collecting Data for Pentastar Head Replacement issues in JK's