Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

complaint about ATX wheels

Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default complaint about ATX wheels

I have a gripe about some ATX Wheels I recently purchased. I purchased a set of Artillery ATX wheels which are advertised as "Black teflon". I figured awesome I would not have to clean my wheels as much because they are coated with slippery stuff. My gripe is that well they are not actually black like they are pictured in every photo I have seen them in being sold on any site including the actually ATX site. They actually look black on every site I have found, yet the wheels are actually a graphite grey color. More the look of the bottom of a teflon coated frying pan then a black powder coated wheel. These would look awesome on a Silver or dark grey jeep but on a white jeep going for a white/black look they look out of place. After getting the wheels delivered I immediately contacted ATX and was told sorry they are all grey. I mentioned that advertising all mentioned the wheels were black not grey and was told, whats the big deal. The big deal is I paid a ton of money for something that was not what was advertised and ATX refused to take a return or exchange for a different wheel type because the tires were already mounted.

This is just bad customer service and false advertising plain and simple. I wont purchase another product from ATX nor will anyone I wheel with if I can have anything to do with it. For anyone interested I have a nice set of wheels wrapped in 35 Trail Grapplers I will be getting rid of here shortly.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your complaint is that something that was advertised as black teflon showed up and was in fact the color of teflon... I am confused, when you get red roses for your girlfreind/wife, do you expect pink ones to be delivered?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Post up a picture, I always thought they looked black, but yeah Teflon is more of a dark grey. Sucks to be disappointed like that. The vendor you bought from wouldn't help do a return?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi

Don't know what you want for the wheels, but I was just about to order them, but with 37s.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

I can see where they might look black. They look grayish to me though.

Is this the wheel?

Check your monitor settings. Sometimes a setting can make colors look off.

Sorry that happened to you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok here are photos directly from the ATX website also advertising these wheels as "BLACK" not grey. For reference I put in I believe it is a ledge wheel that is actually black in person and to me it looks the same. What is mounted on my Jeep is NOT BLACK or anything near what is pictured. If you look closely at the last photo you can see the center cap which is actually black looks the same as the surrounding wheel, which if you look at the photo on my jeep is not the case. At $200 bucks or so a piece you would think you would get what you paid for and was advertised. The wheels look great and took no weights to balance with the Nitto tires. 1/4 ounce on one of the wheels. But they are grey not black so need to go. When I contacted wheelpros directly(they import the ATX wheels) they told me if I wanted black wheels to powdercoat them. Really bad service and attitude.
Click image for larger version

Name:	cbAX1816.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	418106Click image for larger version

Name:	csAX1886.png
Views:	468
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	418107Click image for larger version

Name:	atx_artillery_bt_ci2_l.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	418108Click image for larger version

Name:	20130204_070540.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	418109Click image for larger version

Name:	atx_artillery_bt_ci1_l.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	418110

Last edited by dognights; 02-04-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKbender
So your complaint is that something that was advertised as black teflon showed up and was in fact the color of teflon... I am confused, when you get red roses for your girlfreind/wife, do you expect pink ones to be delivered?
No dude the point is if I ordered red roses I expect red roses not pink.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

That picture from their website is black as shit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

They do look pretty gray in the pictures.

I wonder how much of that has to do with the colors in play. It sounds like a silly comparison, but my wife and I have spent crazy amounts of time picking out colors for a remodeling job in our house. What looks like "red" one minute, looks "orange" next to a different color. Two colors that look great by themselves, may not have the same tones to be compatible next to each other. What I'm getting at is, I wonder if those rims will indeed look black on a different vehicle or in different lighting.

Last edited by yo_marc; 02-04-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yo_marc
They do look pretty gray in the pictures.

I wonder how much of that has to do with the colors in play. It sounds like a silly comparison, but my wife and I have spent crazy amounts of time picking out colors for a remodeling job in our house. What looks like "red" one minute, looks "orange" next to a different color. Two colors that look great by themselves, may not have the same tones to be compatible next to each other. What I'm getting at is, I wonder if those rims will indeed look black on a different vehicle or in different lighting.
Sadly No. They look grey no matter how you look at them. If you look closely, the bumper in my photo is black, the fenders are black, the rock rails are black, heck even the center cap on the dam wheels are black. The only thing not black are the wheels.

Quick Reply: complaint about ATX wheels