Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dana44 Front End on Sport?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana44 Front End on Sport?

Newbie- be gentle

Is there a way to get a Sport model with the Dana 44 front end and the 4.10 gears? I'm just gonna put a lift, wheels and tires on myself and don't want to buy a Rubi just for those things.

I wish they still had that Red Rock Crystal paint. That was the best red I think Jeep ever had.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Not from the factory but you can proly find a d44 and 4.10s aftermarket for cheaper
Old 07-31-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lessardrp
Newbie- be gentle

Is there a way to get a Sport model with the Dana 44 front end and the 4.10 gears? I'm just gonna put a lift, wheels and tires on myself and don't want to buy a Rubi just for those things.

I wish they still had that Red Rock Crystal paint. That was the best red I think Jeep ever had.

Thanks in advance.
Guessing it will be over 4k to do this. Not to mention labor.

Any reason why you would just not get the rubicon?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dana44 Front End on Sport?

Originally Posted by Cdwright
Guessing it will be over 4k to do this. Not to mention labor.

Any reason why you would just not get the rubicon?
Well, a base Sport is about 22k and a base Rubicon is around 30k which is 8k difference. If I were able to buy a base Sport and add the front end and gears as an option, that would leave about 4k to pay or close to pay for a lift, wheels and tires for the same price I would pay for a stock Rubicon.

Unless I am missing something of course. As a reference, I was planning on doing a basic 3" coil spring lift and 35s.

Ebay is riddled with people trying to sell stock Rubicon wheels and tires because they planned on running 33s or 35s anyway.

I guess I could do the same thing on Ebay to recoup some of the cost difference of the Rubicon if this option is not available.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think most people get the rubicon not just for the front axle but for the 4:1 transfer case and the lockers and swaybar disco. If your going to swap the front axel might as well get something stronger than the stock rubicon 44 mabey a currie 44 or 60
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by SPCmario
I think most people get the rubicon not just for the front axle but for the 4:1 transfer case and the lockers and swaybar disco. If your going to swap the front axel might as well get something stronger than the stock rubicon 44 mabey a currie 44 or 60
Thanks for the inputs.

Quick Reply: Dana44 Front End on Sport?