Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Day Star Cam Can

Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day Star Cam Can

I thought the Cam Can looked like a great idea, and I still believe it is, even after receiving a defective product.

I bought to water cans and mounting equipment to install these cans on my spare tire. I installed everything before adding any water to the can. When I was washing the can I noticed that one of the cans leaked. The cap leaked, and it looked like the threads were stripped. I was also disappointed with the locking mechanism on the cap. It was difficult to open and close. I called Daystar and they agreed to send me new cans. I told them I wanted to return them, and they encouraged me to return them to where I purchase them.

I took them back to 4wheel parts in Sacramento. The cashier said he manager would not take the return of the part that installs on the spare tire because it was scratched. I spoke with the manager, here's what I learned.

1. Daystar knows they have defective caps
2. Daystar has started making their own caps with a better locking mechanism
3. Daystart commited to send me the product with the new caps

This is one of the first purchases I've made for my jeep. I'm disappointed with Daystar and 4wheel parts. First that daystar sells a product that they know is defective and second, that I had to work at getting a refund from 4wheel parts.

As you can see I'm new here, so I may look like a whiner I will be the first to tell you about good services I also received.

Quick Reply: Day Star Cam Can