Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer found a JEEP....BUT

Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer found a JEEP....BUT

Today our Dealer phoned us and found a 08 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 4 door with dual tops, 6spd manual, rescue green, tow package and limited slip with Sirrius.
However, the Jeep is located at another Jeep dealership outside our province. It has everything we want and more (6 disc stereo)

My issue....It's gonna cost me an extra $750.00 with Taxes (GST & PST) on the final bill if I get this JEEP. The $750.00 extra is to have our dealership ship by transport truck a similar Jeep Wrangler they have on the lot to the Dealership in Alberta for trade and then transport our Jeep back. I figure, I can eat this cost to get our jeep sooner plus I know the Jeep will not be driven by another person to the dealership in our province. I tried to get the dealership to just eat the cost if they want our business. However, they strongly declined.

Dealer would not tell me which Jeep dealership the Jeep was at as I thought about phoning them up and seeing what they could do for us with our Dodge Magnum R/T AWD for trade-in if he would be the same. However, getting an out of province vehicle I would have to spend $150.00 for an inspection when I bring it back to the province.

Should I just eat the cost and get the Jeep we want or just wait for our order which we just placed October 31, 2007?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it for the same price (except the $750) as the one you ordered? If so, look at the other options such as the 6 disc and consider that as part of the 750. If you are paying a different price, then it might not be worth... but hard to tell. I couldn't wait for mine and got mine the week they were released, so I'm not the one to say hold off.... I paid dearly cause they were BRAND NEW.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Buy the Jeep and go pick it up yourself.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
Buy the Jeep and go pick it up yourself.
Yeah, use jeep.com or vehix or something to find the one they're talking about and go get it directly.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer went and picked up my jeep free of charge.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Smoke6
My dealer went and picked up my jeep free of charge.
The problem with this deal is the Dealership outside the province wants another Jeep Wrangler (similar) in trade from my local dealership.

This is where the extra costs is coming into play.

The dealer would not charge me a dime to pick the Wrangler up (driving it back). However, He is charging me $750.00 to transport a Jeep Wrangler from my local dealership by truck as the out of province dealer want's ZERO miles/km's on the Jeep. Then the truck/trailer will be picking up my Jeep in the other province and trucking my jeep from the other dealership therefore I will have ZERO miles on my Jeep when I pick it up.

Also, issue is trade-in of my Dodge Magnum comes into play with the deal.

I am an impatient guy at times....and I am thinking I will just eat the damn costs!

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 11-07-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Well, think of the free upgraded radio as part of the $750. Then its not so bad.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd wait it out. They can afford to eat the 750 dollars if they want to sell the truck.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
Well, think of the free upgraded radio as part of the $750. Then its not so bad.
That is my thinking get a radio upgrade....plus I don't get some yahoo driving the snot out of my new jeep over 700km's one way and possibly getting a few rock chips (snow already in the area). Plus, he may add in Husky floor mats into the deal as I talked to him 5 minutes ago....I told him he needs to eat some of the transport costs or add some accessories! We shall see....he is still negotiating with the other dealership.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say: "Pay the $750."

If you add your costs to get it yourself:

Bus fare to Calgary or Edmonton $120
(or costs to drive your own vehicle there (and back?))
'In-transit' plate $???
Inspection in BC $150
Motel? $85
Meals $50 - $100
Tank and a half of gas $100
At least one day's wages $???

So your costs could about $600, so you are in effect paying the dealer $150 for the privilege of getting the vehicle you want.

SV

Quick Reply: Dealer found a JEEP....BUT