Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Diesel Jeep in 2016!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Jeep in 2016!

So the Jeep revamp for 2016 is going to have an optional 3.0 diesel motor and airshocks. Just woundering how many people will be dishing out for the new motor or are u happy with your gas motor?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK'ingArnd
So the Jeep revamp for 2016 is going to have an optional 3.0 diesel motor and airshocks. Just woundering how many people will be dishing out for the new motor or are u happy with your gas motor?
I think the re-vamp got pushed to 2018.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

We'll be looking when they come.Unless jeep does a gas engine that has a good torque to horsepower ratio
Old 07-28-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all talk until I see it on the show room floor.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cdwright

I think the re-vamp got pushed to 2018.
I think they are still getting the diesel in 2016 but the jk line will continue until 2018
Old 07-28-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's another thread claiming a diesel in 2015. Until they're delivered, it's all rumors.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been following rumors of a diesel in the JK as long as it's been out. Like everyone else I will believe it when I actually see it for the US market. This is like the third time (or more) that a diesel has supposedly been right around the corner for the Wrangler.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 AM
JK Newbie

Here is the thing, Dodge don't and wont offer the diesel in the Power Wagon because they say its to heavy for a true off road application which is true So why would they take the most capable off road vehicle on the market and weigh it down with a diesel ? I am not trying to bust any ones bubble but IMOO the only reason they would weigh the jeep down is to meet MPG requirements. I believe it would handle horribly off road unless they some how lighten up a diesel for this. I have a 2012 Power Wagon with the HEMI and I had the same style Ram for work with the Diesel and there was no comparison off road. Don't get me wrong the diesel had much more grunt for crawling around but the front sunk in the soft stuff and the you was just pushing the front axel around. The HEMI was much moor nimble off road and will go moor places. Keep in mind I am In the East and we don't have a lot of rock and hard pack here. I think it sounds awesome if We all bought jeeps to be street pounders and to only commute back and forth to work but in that case a VW Jetta TDI would be my car of choice. The diesel has its place but I am not sure if it is in a Jeep. Just my 2 cents .
Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diggerbuzz
Here is the thing, Dodge don't and wont offer the diesel in the Power Wagon because they say its to heavy for a true off road application which is true So why would they take the most capable off road vehicle on the market and weigh it down with a diesel ? I am not trying to bust any ones bubble but IMOO the only reason they would weigh the jeep down is to meet MPG requirements. I believe it would handle horribly off road unless they some how lighten up a diesel for this. I have a 2012 Power Wagon with the HEMI and I had the same style Ram for work with the Diesel and there was no comparison off road. Don't get me wrong the diesel had much more grunt for crawling around but the front sunk in the soft stuff and the you was just pushing the front axel around. The HEMI was much moor nimble off road and will go moor places. Keep in mind I am In the East and we don't have a lot of rock and hard pack here. I think it sounds awesome if We all bought jeeps to be street pounders and to only commute back and forth to work but in that case a VW Jetta TDI would be my car of choice. The diesel has its place but I am not sure if it is in a Jeep. Just my 2 cents .
There is a HUGE difference in a full size Cummins in a full size truck and the new eco diesel. Its no where the same size.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

The cheapest grand cherokee with the 3.0 diesel is about $12, 000 more than the base model. It is likely that jeep would only offer it as an option on rubicon and sahara models. I would guess the cheapest diesel equipped jeep will be around 35k for a 2 door 39K for a JKU. Lots of people talk a big game on the internet, but very few people are gonna spend that kinda money. Especially people who like to buy the base sports and build them up. There aren't any auto makers the offer the best engine in base models. If you want the good engine you have to pay for better wheels, leather seats, power windows, etc...

Quick Reply: Diesel Jeep in 2016!