Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Diesel in the US?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel in the US?

I live in the Metro Detroit area. I drive by Chrysler's HQ everyday. I see a lot of manufacturer plates and future vehicles on the road. Lately I have seen a bunch of the new Dodge Journey's.

Anyways... a buddy of mine has a business removing door dings. He was at someones home last week working on her personal vehicle and she had a JK with a manufaturers plate on it. Knowing that I have one on order, he was asking her questions about it. Come to find out it was a DIESEL!

She informed him that "you cannot buy it in the states, YET". He told me that from the way she was talking, it sounds like the diesel will probably be available here very soon.

Has anybody heard a timeline of this? My order should be here within a few weeks, but I am thinking of waiting for a CDI.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a topic on this in the rumor section. All I know is that as soon as they are available I am putting my name on the list. My last vehicle was an F250 Super Duty Crew Cab and I miss the 7.3l Power Stroke.

A JK With a Diesel would last forever.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

diesel wouldnt get the lifetime powertrain warranty..

something to think about
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer83l

something to think about
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l

something to think about
Just my curiosity kicking in here ; but how do you know this to be a factual statement!!!!......Who ever would have thought they would put it on a GAS ENGINE????????
In any matter the 100,000 mile warranty that cummins puts on there 5.9 and now 6.7 is a LONG TIME to warranty problems even if it is not LIFETIME!!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

The diesel will be a very popular option, but I'm happy with my gasser and its lifetime warranty. The extra cost of the diesel, the extra cost of the fuel (diesel is more expensive than premium around here), extra weight, and the lesser warranty of a diesel means I wasn't going to wait around. But who knows, I might buy a diesel in a decade
Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Just my curiosity kicking in here ; but how do you know this to be a factual statement!!!!......Who ever would have thought they would put it on a GAS ENGINE????????
In any matter the 100,000 mile warranty that cummins puts on there 5.9 and now 6.7 is a LONG TIME to warranty problems even if it is not LIFETIME!!!!!

Currently the Grand Cherokee Diesel and the SRT do not have the lifetime powertrain warranty.

It would probably be the same for a JK Diesel.

Quick Reply: Diesel in the US?