Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

diff cleaning question

Old 08-02-2013, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default diff cleaning question

I'm taking my front axle to work tomorrow to run it through the solvent tank. (I destroyed my front diff) is there anything else I need to do to aide in the cleaning? Obviously want to get all the chunks and shavings out, will some gas or diesel help soften it up overnight or should I just go solvent and maybe wd40 airhose it out and time to dry? Any input is appreciated

Sent from my NSA listening device
Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brakeleen works well for cleaning things up, but if you've got the axle in a solvent tank then you really shouldn't need to use gas/ diesel/ or brakeleen.

It would be a good time to do some anti-rust work on the outside of it while the axle is out.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Old 08-02-2013, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Brakeleen works well for cleaning things up, but if you've got the axle in a solvent tank then you really shouldn't need to use gas/ diesel/ or brakeleen.

It would be a good time to do some anti-rust work on the outside of it while the axle is out.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Sweet thats what I was thinkin. And yeah while I've got both axles off I plan on busting rust, intense cleaning, and a full maintenance sweep

Sent from my NSA listening device
Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

x2 on the brake cleaner. Stock up on a few cans! Will clean that out like a charm- good luck

Quick Reply: diff cleaning question