Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

I live in Florida and saw these Sliders from TNT Customs online and thought they would work well on my new 2013 JKUR. Since I live in South Florida I decided to go order through Northridge4x4 due shipping costs and well I already order everything else from them anyway. I received them from TNT in good shape powder coated black with minor missing powder coat on pointed ends not their fault more of a shipping issue. Installed them and touched up pointed ends of sliders. Next day we had a rain storm lasting approximately 1 hour. I came home pulled vehicle in garage dried it off and went to bed. Next morning after having the slider for a total of 48 hours now I go to work and see rust over all welds and under step where it is welded to slider. I contacted TNT customs and was told we will do whatever it takes to make you happy this is an isolated incident and we are 99.9% sure you will be happy if we send you a new set and send call tag for old set or if you would like we will pay to have that sent re-powder coated. I said just send me new set. While waiting for them to make new set I did some research by just typing in rusty JK sliders and numerous posts about this issue came up. I called back and stated since doing further research I found this wasn't Isolated and I would just like these picked up and my account credited. Mary stated ok we will send a call tag and have them picked up. I bubble wrapped them and sent them back. I waited for them to credit NORTHRIDGE 4x4 and once I was notified by Northridge that they were credited but not for shipping. I called tnt and they stated you decided not to be our customer by not letting us send you a new set so someone has to pay for shipping. This was an inferior product not backed by the builder of product and was told that we would have paid to send you a new set and pin for return of new set but when you decided not to receive our product you are required to pay the shipping. Stay away from this company they run a poor business and customer service is HORRIBLE. Thank you to NORTHRIDGE 4X4 for stepping up to the plate and taking care of me.Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-21_11-09-34_686.jpg
Views:	1433
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	421793

Last edited by CommandoRubi; 02-13-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Another pic

Mind you this is having them for a total of 48 hours with them being installed for only about 12 hours.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-21_11-09-34_686.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	421799  

Last edited by CommandoRubi; 02-13-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds to me they tried to solve the issue and make it right and you decided you didn't want them anymore. They are a VERY stand up company and I don't blame them for charging you for return shipping.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds to me like you are probably suckling from the Tnt teet. I'm sure you would love to put rusty sliders on your brand new vehicle. A good business wouldn't tell a customer this is an isolated incident when it wasn't obviously from the amount of posts i found on internet. I didn't want to receive another set that would do the same. FROM THE LOOKS OF YOUR TAG LINE YOU ARE A REAL STAND UP MAN!

Last edited by CommandoRubi; 02-13-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a tough one. First off, yes they did offer to make this right but you didn;t let them try. You just assumed that they are junk because you read some complaints online. How many people have them without issue?? I bet more than those with issues.

But I have to side a bit with the OP because he did receive a "defective" product and it should be in his right to send them back for a full refund.

I know every compnay is different for whatever product. Restocking fees, no return shipping paid, etc... are common especially if the item is something you don't want. However, with a defective product.....I say the customer is right.

Just sucks you didn't give them a chance to make this right with the new sliders. I know tons of people with TNT stuff and their stuff is bada** and tough as hell.

I have the LOD sliders and have fought with rusting issues since the day they went on my Jeep. Back then it was known that there were powedercoating issues with them but I didn't care. I knew that I'd be rattlecanning them often with bedliner from offroad damage. 3 years later and I'm pretty sure none of the original powedercoating is left but they still look great thanks to Rustoleum.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi
Sounds to me like you are probably suckling from the Tnt teet. I'm sure you would love to put rusty sliders on your brand new vehicle. A good business wouldn't tell a customer this is an isolated incident when it wasn't obviously from the amount of posts i found on internet. I didn't want to receive another set that would do the same.
No I'm not noob....maybe do a little research other than what you find on Google about thier track record, quality of work and customer service.

How do you know that the isloated issues you ran accross in your Google search weren't from the same batch from the powder coaters that yours came from?

Just don't come on here and crack on a great company like that when they tried to fix the issue for you....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
This is a tough one. First off, yes they did offer to make this right but you didn;t let them try. You just assumed that they are junk because you read some complaints online. How many people have them without issue?? I bet more than those with issues.

But I have to side a bit with the OP because he did receive a "defective" product and it should be in his right to send them back for a full refund.

I know every compnay is different for whatever product. Restocking fees, no return shipping paid, etc... are common especially if the item is something you don't want. However, with a defective product.....I say the customer is right.

Just sucks you didn't give them a chance to make this right with the new sliders. I know tons of people with TNT stuff and their stuff is bada** and tough as hell.

I have the LOD sliders and have fought with rusting issues since the day they went on my Jeep. Back then it was known that there were powedercoating issues with them but I didn't care. I knew that I'd be rattlecanning them often with bedliner from offroad damage. 3 years later and I'm pretty sure none of the original powedercoating is left but they still look great thanks to Rustoleum.

I see your point my issue was I had them for a very short time and yes they were defective in my book. My main thing is that if a company is going to willing pay for shipping to return the defective ones and then also pay for shipping of new ones to me from Wyoming to to Florida. Then surely they would pay for me to return the originals to them and issue me a credit. This day and age you can order anything online it is a company's customers service thats sets them apart from the rest. Say I did in fact accept a new set and they did the same thing that would have been return shipping twice and more of the companies money spent instead I decided to cut my losses as a unsatisfied customer.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who gives a shit. another mall crawler down. next
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

I gotta go with the other comments...sounds like they were going to try to make it right and I think you jumped the gun on canceling the replacement order because of what you read on the intraweb.
On the other hand I agree its a PITA to reinstall, but now you will never know if you wouldve been happy with the second set.
BTW, i have no affiliation with TNT, nor is my rig built with their parts, and im a pretty stand up guy.

Hey buddy, keep calm.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by onsafari
No I'm not noob....maybe do a little research other than what you find on Google about thier track record, quality of work and customer service.

How do you know that the isloated issues you ran accross in your Google search weren't from the same batch from the powder coaters that yours came from?

Just don't come on here and crack on a great company like that when they tried to fix the issue for you....
Listen I am sure you have some ties to this company. I have chosen to write this after a long conversation where I was told I would receive a full refund and wasn't besides being lied to and being told if I do not accept a new set I am no longer considered by them to be a customer even though the credit had yet to be issued to me. Fact of the matter is I was told I would be credited the full amount to send back a product that wasn't right and was lied to. I AM NOT A NOOB Either I am new to this site after being back after years and several jeeps. I could care less if they sent me a new set or not I am the customer and if I was sent something inferior it should be my right to send back the product for a refund if I choose

Quick Reply: Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!