Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Door Hinge Corrosion

Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Hinge Corrosion

Dropping my 2010 JK off to have the door hinges repaired 5 of the 8 are bubbling. Got it in under warranty. But driving it to drop it off the ESB & Traction control lights both came on and won't go off! Well that isn't under warranty!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

I hope they come out better than mine did. The dealer had mine for 2 days to fix the bubbling hinges under warranty. Came back looking worse than before. I bedlined the hinges and they look way better. Good luck
Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamspecialized
I hope they come out better than mine did. The dealer had mine for 2 days to fix the bubbling hinges under warranty. Came back looking worse than before. I bedlined the hinges and they look way better. Good luck
Did you bedline them all?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Just the rear ones as they were the worst. Front ones will be done next spring
Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Only my front hinges did this. Fixed under warranty and looks good. Make sure whoever fixes them either bead blasts the hinges, or uses new ones
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

For some reason it seams like they don't get enough paint on them from the factory, I've noticed this on many jeeps. The hood especially, but also on the doors you can see right through the paint around where the hing is bolted to the door.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep definately doesn't waste any extra dollars on paint. I found there was basically no paint under the hood hinges on my 11'.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

No its not jeep its chrysler all chrysler. This is there american way of american made very cheap, cutting corners, use less of this n that, wrong size bolts, why paint where you wont see, why use under coat let the customers pay for it later, why make something people like so they build it like shit so the customers have to keep coming back and they push all kinds of warranties that are costly. When chrysler says american made they are telling you is we are screwing our fellow americans. It still boggles my mind that they cannot or will not stop the jeep from leaking in the most stupidest places but yet no other soft top leaks just jeep.

Quick Reply: Door Hinge Corrosion