Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 JK with previous Flood

Old 10-09-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JK with previous Flood

Just looked at loa cal 2013 that had previous water. No way of telling how much, but rebuilder was done with all new fluids, and electrical including computer. It's loaded.
And I think its a NJ jeep based on looking at tire cover with dealer name on it.

1000 miles

Any help would be great...basically. Is it a Hell No or go for it...
Old 10-09-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sobeit1975
Just looked at loa cal 2013 that had previous water. No way of telling how much, but rebuilder was done with all new fluids, and electrical including computer. It's loaded.
And I think its a NJ jeep based on looking at tire cover with dealer name on it.

1000 miles

Any help would be great...basically. Is it a Hell No or go for it...
Jeeps are possibly the best vehicle to buy that has had water damage since they are made to ford rivers (granted only up to 30")... that being said, I would have a mechanic take a look at it and make sure there isn't anymore water in the engine or crucial parts. Just my .02
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you plan on driving the Jeep into the ground or doing major upgrades it sounds like a good deal.

The issue with Flood or Salvage Title Jeeps is that you may not be able to get financing on the unit and if you ever need to sell it the market that will take it is small.

Good Luck
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Flooded

Ya I was thinking 15k tops

I want it to drive into the ground...daily driver...with a no care attitude. If it get rained on I won't care.
We have. Brand new 2013 freedom edition, that we lease to keep forever, just don't want it to get messed up. I know its a jeep but I still park it a mile away in. Every parking lot

Hahaha
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sobeit1975
Ya I was thinking 15k tops

I want it to drive into the ground...daily driver...with a no care attitude. If it get rained on I won't care.
We have. Brand new 2013 freedom edition, that we lease to keep forever, just don't want it to get messed up. I know its a jeep but I still park it a mile away in. Every parking lot

Hahaha
Just have to lift your freedom edition and throw some armor on it. With my lift and sliders, I find its near impossible to give me door dings or anything like that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-09-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I hear water damage from NJ I think hurricane Sandy. Be sure to check the frame rails. Look into every cutout. Run water thru the rails and see what washes out. Feel inside the frame rails for sand and evidence of corrosion. Check the top of the front coil mounts. Sand and debris can accumulate in the mounts. Also check the top side of the skid plates. Finally check the gas tank skid. There are indents down each side of the tank which will hold debris. Again squirt water along the skid and see what washes out.

Salt water can start the process of corrosion and shorten the life of the corroded parts. Unfortunately the damage will take time to show.

What did carfax show on the vehicle?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm nervous when it comes to water damage. You may drive for years with no issues and then one day nothing works!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep car fax

Originally Posted by MMXJKU
When I hear water damage from NJ I think hurricane Sandy. Be sure to check the frame rails. Look into every cutout. Run water thru the rails and see what washes out. Feel inside the frame rails for sand and evidence of corrosion. Check the top of the front coil mounts. Sand and debris can accumulate in the mounts. Also check the top side of the skid plates. Finally check the gas tank skid. There are indents down each side of the tank which will hold debris. Again squirt water along the skid and see what washes out.

Salt water can start the process of corrosion and shorten the life of the corroded parts. Unfortunately the damage will take time to show.

What did carfax show on the vehicle?
I haven't run a carfax ...didn't wanna spend the cash if the guy would negotiate on price. Plus need to do everything you said to do.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

JK's have too many possible electronic gremlins. I'd be way to scared to deal with it. On the flip side...what is the status of a warranty on a flood damaged vehicle?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by panthermark
JK's have too many possible electronic gremlins. I'd be way to scared to deal with it. On the flip side...what is the status of a warranty on a flood damaged vehicle?
SOL on a flood.

Quick Reply: 2013 JK with previous Flood