Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

dupont krytox for weatherstrip preservation

Old 03-16-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone heard of a product called Krytox from Dupont used as a weatherstrip preservative and reconditioner? Its a lubricant originally intended for PC disk drives but is also supposed to be useful in keeping weather strip from getting hard.
I found an old tube in my barn today that I got from a guy in our car club about 10 years ago. I did all the weatherstrip on my jeep with it today. I'm wondering how it might work as a lube for the top zippers. Has anyone heard of it and used it on the zippers?

Last edited by HillCountry_Cowboy; 03-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's the best grease for wheel bearings etc. will work great on weatherstripping. I retired from Dupont, and worked some
with Nascar.They begged me for tubes of Krytox grease.(which I got for them) very expensive. It should work on zippers
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool. Thanks. I'll do the zippers tomorrow.
I agree with you about it being expensive. I think I paid $27 for that 1/2 ounce tube in 2002.

Last edited by HillCountry_Cowboy; 03-16-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: dupont krytox for weatherstrip preservation