Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Duster cover without wind jammer question

Old 04-25-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duster cover without wind jammer question

I'm looking to get a duster cover, extension, and bikini top for my JKU just like the pic below. If I leave all the doors on but don't get a wind jammer, does rain still get inside through the back? I know a windjammer has gaps but I'm not sure if on the highway rain gets in easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	608055
Old 04-25-2015, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes rain will still blow in at highway speeds. Try riding with the top up and no rear window in. The mist will go all the way to the windshield.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rvator
Yes rain will still blow in at highway speeds. Try riding with the top up and no rear window in. The mist will go all the way to the windshield.
Wow really? I've never had that problem and my 37" tires stick out past my fenders ... I drive hiway to work every day and from May - Oct my 3 windows at the back are always out rain or shine.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, running on the hwy with traffic and a good amount of rain will cause the mist to enter through the back windows. I run no rear window during the summer and it happens. Things won't get soaked but they will get wet. It's kinda relaxing having the mist hit the back of your neck

Quick Reply: Duster cover without wind jammer question