Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

E Autogrilles

Old 03-20-2015, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whitejk13
Anyone? 👀

Define decent price. I mean at the end of the day, unless you're some serious off-roader and taking a ton of abuse, I doubt it'd have an issue other than being sent the wrong item or poor communication. I have Smitty front, rear, and rails and it suits me just fine. It has even taken a mild beating. No thrashing on trees and rocks but I'm not gentle either. If it's something like $200 - $300...Hell, I'm sure you, myself, or many others have spent that on a nice meal with the wife and kids. What's dropping that cash that could last you 6 months, a year, or even more?!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Define decent price. I mean at the end of the day, unless you're some serious off-roader and taking a ton of abuse, I doubt it'd have an issue other than being sent the wrong item or poor communication. I have Smitty front, rear, and rails and it suits me just fine. It has even taken a mild beating. No thrashing on trees and rocks but I'm not gentle either. If it's something like $200 - $300...Hell, I'm sure you, myself, or many others have spent that on a nice meal with the wife and kids. What's dropping that cash that could last you 6 months, a year, or even more?!
Agreed.. I went with this attitude when purchasing my rear bumper through them, and it turned out fine. No issues what so ever. This was over a year ago, and the bumper is still in great shape and no issues, nor do I see anything becoming problematic with it. I know some people have valid issues, but my transaction went through flawlessly.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

Yup...I think that it's just the luck of the draw. I've had every iteration of iPhone (except 5s) and EVERY ONE OF THEM has been replaced through Apple because of some defect.

If it performs whatever task I need it to do, I'm stoked. I just keep glutton for punishment with Apple because it's fun. But everything else, heck, there's plenty of things made in 'Murica that, for one reason or another, the guy could have had an argument with his wife, mother, father, etc. and whatever he built that day was maybe off a bit.

I just chance it if something is "inexpensive" and try to get by. If it fails, eh...I've just wasted 4 gas fillups.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a front bumper from these guys and it was a major hassle! These guys are very sketchy. They advertise having them in stock on active eBay listings when they don't actually have them. After I paid them, I got a message stating some of the hardware was missing and the shipment was going to be delayed. After several follow ups it became apparent the actual shipping date was indefinite. Then, the minute I made an official request for a refund, everything magically appeared and it was shipped. I like the bumper but 2.5 years later, the coating is seriously peeling and the bumper is rusting.

Like another poster said, if you like the unit, spend a few extra bucks and get from Barricade instead.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my front bumper from E-autogrilles and it is AMAZING.

Came fast, good finish, good welds, everything lined up, zero problems. I like to buy American. Love to, actually. But taking one look at the ridiculous prices some people charge for a piece of metal... Sometimes American products lose. There is no fancy R&D involved, and I refuse to accept that as a reason why some charge such ridiculous prices on their bumpers. Simple CAD drawing and easy metal work, done. Some manufacturers charge an obscene amount, and the bumper you get is just raw metal, no powercoat or anything. I don't understand why people buy them, I really don't.

My bumper has been flawless since I put it on over a year and half ago. No rust, no power coat chips, nothing. The winch installed perfectly, the D-rings are solid. Everything is perfect. All for $300.

If you want to spend double or triple the price for the same thing, it's your money. But E-autogrilles is awesome in my book. Would I buy a Chinese made lift or shocks? Hell no. But bumpers are a piece of metal made to be smacked into rocks. There is no justification for paying more than what E-auto charges.

Last edited by bonanza; 03-29-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

I've had my E-autogrilles front, rear and tire carrier (bought as a set for $780 delivered to my office on a pallet) over a year ago. I understand E-autogrilles is hit and miss, but in my particular case it was a hit.

As others have said, it's just a big solid piece of steel. Nothing technical. Nothing fancy. Sure the weld joints showed a little rust but hit them with Rustoleum bed liner and the rust didn't return. The only mod I made was to grind out a little where the winch motor sits for better clearance.

You pay your money. You take your chances. Be sure to research the model you are buying thoroughly. Some have holes that the fogs can't be mounted in. Mine can.

That would be a pain if my Jeep was stuck in the shop for any reason. I'm a DIY'er so I haven't had that issue. Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130410_092236_294.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	603948   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5920.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	603953   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5921.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	603954   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130410_181155_809.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	603956   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130410_183152_103.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	603957  

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 03-29-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

I had the rear tire carrier on my 09 JKU. Rusted thru in multiple spots after 2 years. The latch rattled bad from day 1.

Everything rusted, from bottom to the top. I constantly had to touch it up with Bedliner to cover it all. Then, the handle snapped one day and the carrier swung open while driving.

If it is all you can afford, go for it, but know that your time is limited before it starts to fall apart.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor

Unhappy

Originally Posted by bikerguy304
Wanting to share my experiences with them. Ordered a bumper, it arrived at the wrong address and was shipped by a different carrier than I was told, I had to drive an hour to pick it up and it was defective from poor craftsmanship. They agreed based on photos that it was their fault but now the bumper is out of stock.
They lied and claimed they tried to call me and that I had no voicemail. They won't answer questions about how the bumper should have been assembled.
Their options are to pick another bumper but won't give a price point or answer questions about bumpers in combo packs.
They want me to give an estimate for repairs which I know they won't do. It requires welding which will damage the powdercoat.
Option three is a refund which screws me with starting the shopping process all over.
My Jeep is in a garage having some work done currently and is now over a week behind schedule.
Needless to say choosing them due to price was a huge mistake.
Hello Randy,
This is Michelle, the assistant customer service manager at E-Auto Grilles.
I am sorry you are upset over your experience with us, however we have attempted to contact you via email and by phone numerous times, eventually resulting in involving eBay. We tried to accommodate you to the best our capabilities would allow us, however you denied our proposal for an even more expensive item as a replacement and insisted on a full refund along with keeping the item and receiving some type of reimbursement. We try our best to make sure all of our customers are satisfied, and if they are not we try to find a resolution. We make it a point to take every customer personal, which is why stumbling over your comment we noticed you were also one of our customers. In the given situation, eBay did have to step in and ruled in our favor due to various factors, however if given the opportunity, we would have gladly resolved any issue you had with a reasonable solution. We hope to learn from this experience to try and serve our future customers with the up-most respect and consideration.

Sincerely,
E-AutoGrilles Customer Service Team
Michelle
Old 07-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor

Unhappy

Originally Posted by bikerguy304
Wanting to share my experiences with them. Ordered a bumper, it arrived at the wrong address and was shipped by a different carrier than I was told, I had to drive an hour to pick it up and it was defective from poor craftsmanship. They agreed based on photos that it was their fault but now the bumper is out of stock.
They lied and claimed they tried to call me and that I had no voicemail. They won't answer questions about how the bumper should have been assembled.
Their options are to pick another bumper but won't give a price point or answer questions about bumpers in combo packs.
They want me to give an estimate for repairs which I know they won't do. It requires welding which will damage the powdercoat.
Option three is a refund which screws me with starting the shopping process all over.
My Jeep is in a garage having some work done currently and is now over a week behind schedule.
Needless to say choosing them due to price was a huge mistake.
Hello Randy,
This is Michelle, the assistant customer service manager at E-Auto Grilles.
I am sorry you are upset over your experience with us, however we have attempted to contact you via email and by phone numerous times, eventually resulting in involving eBay. We tried to accommodate you to the best our capabilities would allow us, however you denied our proposal for an even more expensive item as a replacement and insisted on a full refund along with keeping the item and receiving some type of reimbursement. We try our best to make sure all of our customers are satisfied, and if they are not we try to find a resolution. We make it a point to take every customer personal, which is why stumbling over your comment we noticed you were also one of our customers. In the given situation, eBay did have to step in and ruled in our favor due to various factors, however if given the opportunity, we would have gladly resolved any issue you had with a reasonable solution. We hope to learn from this experience to try and serve our future customers with the up-most respect and consideration.

Sincerely,
E-AutoGrilles Customer Service Team
Michelle
Old 07-21-2015, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

some of you guys don't understand that steel will rust, period. chinese steel, american steel, ussr steel, it all rusts - paint it, frequently. Eauto has a goofy finish, but paint over it, costs $5 and very little time. My EVO powdercoated sliders have flaked and rusted...but I paint them and thats what happens.

as for eauto, they replaced a rear tire carrier I bought on ebay over a year after I got it no questions asked - I had some minor issue and they could have told me to pound sand. They only verified the feedback I received from them and that was it. I had a new one in a day or two.

I'm not going to say the cuts are the best or the welds are the prettiest, but for that price point you won't come close to eauto, and for me to spend money for JCR or something it would have cost triple (for the rear, I do have a JCR front) I'm pretty sure barricade is the exact same stuff but almost twice the price.

After having my rear tire carrier, for the money it doesn't make any sense to get anything else, unless you're spending close to $1500 or more for top of the line....which to me they both carry a spare and bounce off rocks, so who cares.

Quick Reply: E Autogrilles